Chapter 1

"Emma can you please do your chores?" My mother says very nicely. You have to love my mom she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. My dad was the other way around. He didn't drink, but he was from a bad family. My dad has decided that since he got abused as a child it was his job to the same to me. So yes, I get abused severely and miss multiple days of school. I don't mind missing school; I don't have any friends there. The only people I talk to are my partners. I'm actually scared to talk; I don't want people to hurt me anymore than my dad does. "In a minute mom, just a little part of homework," I say smiling. "Ok but hurry up." My mom knows the same thing as me; if I don't get my daily chores done my dad gets home I will be badly punished. As I finish unloading the dish washer I hear the sound of the garage door. Telling me that my dad is now home, I'm listening to see if the car door slams or not. I thank my lucky stars that I don't hear anything. "Hello everyone, how is everyone today?" My dad asks with a smile of his face. My dad has a lot of bipolar moments, it really scares me. My dad works at a factory as a security guard. I don't know how he got the job, but I guess they work him pretty hard and make him mad. "It has been a wonderful day, right Emma?" My mom answers as she looks at me to agree with her somehow. All I do is nod my head and run up to my room to finish my homework, all I had left was to write a poem.

I see the anger in your eyes

Towards me with no disguise

I know that lies

Make up all the sides

Of the love that you must realize

will never be alive

I usually do amazing when it comes to this class; it lets me express my feelings without making them come out of my mouth. I write little poems and quotes, I think they are beautiful because they relate to your life. I'm putting my books into my backpack when I hear a knock on the door. "Come in," I say looking at the door. I see my mom step into my room. "I need to go to work soon I wanted to say goodbye before I go," My mom says taking me into a big and kissing my cheek. "Okay have fun." I say sitting on bed as I watch my mom walk out of the room and close the door. I hate when my mom leaves, I don't feel safe when she's gone. I wait hours in my room just reading whatever book I can. My mom buys me a book once a week but I finish them in one or two days and end up reading them a couple times until I get my next one. I love listening to music as well but my parents buy me anymore music so I have to listen to the same songs and it gets really annoying.

"Emma, I need you down stairs," I hear my dad yell to from the basement. I hurry down to see what he wanted. "I need you to talk to your mom about getting another job, I want a new house and this one isn't worth how much we pay," He says like a command but I would never tell my mom to get another job, she already has three. "I don't feel comfortable telling her that," I tell my dad knowing that I just started an argument that I shouldn't have. "You have two days to tell her, now go to your room." I hate when he does this! I run to my room and decide if it's really worth telling my mom to get a new job, my dad tried to make me tell her last time. The results of that were an ambulance took me to the nearest hospital when my mom got home. Of course my dad made up some lie like I fell out of a tree or something.