Annabeth's Nightmare

This is after Gaea is defeated, CHB is safe, and the world is saved. But are our heroes still sane?

Written before House of Hades came out

Percy's heart pounded through his orange CHB shirt. He would have to save Annabeth. He couldn't stand the thought of living without her but he couldn't stand the thought of her staying in Tartarus either. So he only had one option. He got ready to push her through, but when Percy turned around she was gone! Fear closed up his throat. He looked frantically for her. Suddenly something pushed him though the doors into soft, green grass.

Percy whipped his head over his shoulder to catch a glimpse of a lock of blonde, curly hair and a sad, gray eye. "No!" Percy screamed.

His eyes flashed open and lungs gasped for air. Someone pounded furiously on cabin three's door. He pulled on a gray hoodie to hide his chills as his bare feet touched the cold floor and opened the door.

"Malcolm?" Percy asked. The Athenian guy's face was ghostly white. His chest heaved like he sprinted over. Percy was scared to know the answer but he asked anyways. "What's wrong?"

"It's Annabeth," Malcolm said between breaths. "She's having a nightmare and we can't wake her up."

Percy pushed past Malcom and ran across the commons area, weaving around statues to the Athena cabin. He burst through the door to find everyone standing around one of the bunks. In the bunk was a blonde girl screaming, and thrashing like she was having a seizure. Everyone made room for Percy to get to his Wise Girl.

He grabbed her wrists and whispered in her ear. "Annabeth, wake up. It's me." He lightly kissed her temple and forced her to sit up. Would every night be line this? He hoped not.

Annabeth's eyes slowly opened and settled on her boyfriend's face. She cried hysterically and threw her arms around his neck.

He held her close and said, "It's okay. It's okay. Just a dream." Even as Percy said it, he wasn't sure.

"No it wasn't," She says between sobs. "It was real." Percy sighed and squeezed his eyes shut. He and Annabeth would never be the same.