It's Time to Say Goodbye

Hey guys! So let me know if you have any CHB story ideas! This one is placed the night after the battle at camp in The Battle of the Labyrinth. Tell me what you think :)

Nico went to the woods after the battle had almost destroyed Camp Half-Blood. He couldn't get what Bianca had told him out of his head. He couldn't let her go. Never! She was a part of him. His stomach turned in knots while he remembered when Percy told him Bianca had died. That grief he felt came bubbling back like a hot spring. His vision became blurry. Resting his hands on his knees, he let go of all his anger, guilt, and sadness in one gut-wrenching scream that pierced the quiet night. He fell in his hands and knees and dug his fingers into the damp earth.

Nico swore he could hear his sister's voice in the stillness. "It's time to say 'goodbye', little brother."

A twig snapped and Nico whirled around to see Percy. "What are you doing?" Nico asked and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Making sure you're okay." Percy sat on a tree stump.

"How do I just get over what happened to her?"

"You don't. Just realize that she doesn't want you grieving all the time. She wants you to live your life."

Nico stared at the ground like he was trying to develop x-ray vision.

Percy put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, man, its time to let her go- say goodbye." Then he got up and went back to his cabin.

"Thanks," Nico muttered. "So I guess this is it, Bianca. I'll see you later. Maybe someday. . ."