Hurt and Confused

"Mettaton! Please, open up!" Papyrus' face was covered in tears when the famous robot finally answered his door, clad in a link robe with an M embroiled on the chest.

"Pappy, deaire, what wrong?" He was cut off when the skeleton fell forward, wrapping his arms around Mettaton's abdomen and holding onto him as if his life depended on it.

"I.. I did something... bad, Mettaton." He managed through sobs, his cracking voice muffled by the robe's fabric a he buried his face into it. Mettaton was frozen in shock before he slowly recovered, trying to reassure the grieving skeleton and brought him inside. Closing the door behind him, he leaned against it and took in Papyrus' full weight, feeling a bit dragged down at the force of his body.

"Calm down, Papyrus. It's okay, your safe now. Do you want to tell me what happened?" When Papyrus didn't answered, Mettaton gave up for the time being and rested his head atop Papyrus' skull, gushing him in order to calm him. His worried eyes stared straight ahead, heavy with confusion and worry.

Sometime went by, Papyrus' trembling had decreased by then, and Mettaton had been able to coax him to the couch, where they sat, Mettaton still holding Papyrus close. A soft buzz in the pocket of his robe alerted the robot, who first looked to the currently sleeping skeleton, moving slowly as to not wake him.

His metal fingers slid around the cell phone and brought it to his face, where he raised a weary eyebrow at the screen. On it, was a text from his closest friend Alphys, the royal scientist who had made his body for him. Noting how some of the words were misspelled, he came to the conclusion that she had sent it in a bit of a panic. Reading it led him to feel the same way, once again looking down sadly at the heap of bones next to him, his face strained.

Alphys: Is Papyrus with you? Grillby called me and said that something had happened between him and Sans.. And it wasn't good. What's gotten into those two? I've never heard of them fighting like this..?

Short chapter. Sorry. I might update in a bit again.. Enjoy anyways!