To Destiny

I drive to the address Zayden sent me a few minutes ago. I didn't expect our meeting place would be a fancy restaurant, no wonder he texted me to bring a pretty dress and some high heels. Thank you Zy! 

I'm in the car, and I think for a second that if this is a fancy restaurant I should look sophisticated. I change from my skirt and t-shirt into my dress and change I put my high heels on leaving my convers on the passenger seat. I can never leave home without a bag, its either a backpack or a handbag. Tonight, out of luck I chose a cherry colored wallet, that has everything I need. When I was about to leave the car, I remembered that my makeup and hair must look like a mess. I brush my short hair and take out a mirror, my hair is fine. The only thing that is not fine is my makeup. I remove all my make up, I decide on a color palette and brush away. I leave my car with a soft brown eyeshadow and a scarlet colored lipstick. In my opinion, simple and sophisticated.

I enter the lobby in a casual black cocktail dress and some black high heels. I almost laugh at the face of the receptionist. He composes himself and says. "Is someone waiting for you, Miss?"I smile kindly and nod. "Name please." I was about to say Zayden's name when someone put his arm around my waist, I was about to slap the bastard but then I notice him.

"Amara! You came!" I didn't notice Zayden at all, he looks so different with a suit on. HOT  I blush at his sudden excitement of seen me. The waiter stutters a little and says, "Sorry sir, I didn't know she was coming with you." He shows us the way to our table. When we get there, Zayden is behind me pushing the chair outward so I can sit. I think I blushed because he now has a wide smile. I thank him as I'm sitting down and he goes to the other side of the table and sits. 

"I thought you said that we were going to your house." I say. The waiter gives us the menu and asks us if we want something to drink. I was going to say water but then Zy beat me to it and ordered the best red- wine in the house. I usually drink at home when there is a family reunion or a little party, but I would never have thought that I would be drinking wine in a restaurant with my dream boy. When the waiter leaves, we are once again left alone to talk.

"When I left, I thought about it. And I thought that it would've been better if we talked in a more public but discreet place, so I said 'hey why not in one of my father's restaurant?'" I smile and he continues talking. "Besides my house is crowded right now." I keep my smile and he smiles back. "So tell me, why did you faint when I was at your house?" I feel how my cheeks warm up and stutter a little when I respond. "I- I thought I was dreaming, because you know. The only place where we met is in my dreams, so... I couldn't believe that your real." I smile at my awkward respond and keep my eyes on the menu, I can feel his smile. Is that normal? 

"I'm not really hungry so I'm just going to order a salad." Dude, keep stupid comment to yourself! "That fine, order whatever you like." He smiles. I love his smile.

The waiter comes back with the red wine and asks if we're ready to order. When we are both done ordering and the waiter leaves. Zayden asks me, "Amara, do you remember the first time we met?" I nod, drinking a little of my whine in the process. "Do you remember how?" I put my glass on the table and I talk. "Do you want the whole story?" He nods. "Okay then. It was a dream that felt pretty real.

"I was ten years old and you looked around the same age as I was. We were playing in an amusement park that was closed for everybody else except for us. We got in all the rides but we saved the carousel for last. When we were done with all the rides you said that you wanted to go to the carousel. And while we were on the attraction you kissed me for the first time."' His smile grew and I didn't notice that I was smiling too. 

"'Barely knowing each other, barely knowing what will happen after."' I pause a little to remember that dream, and I continue. 

"'Since then, every other day I saw you in my dreams and I didn't know you were real." While I keep smiling and I never break eye contact with Zy, I know I'm not blushing anymore because I no longer feel the heat on my cheek bones. I keep talking, " We've talked and shared so many memories together. We saw each other grow up. But after that kiss on the carousel, you never kissed me again." I pause again, his eyes are sad. Like if the first and last time we kissed caused him pain. "Why?" I had to ask. I want to know so badly.