004| New Air

SAMANTHA

"Coffee break, everyone!" Dale announced as he steps inside the penthouse.

Today is Saturday, and as soon as I told them that I will be moving to a new city to study. Marissa all of a sudden cried because of how sudden all of it was, while Dale just looked at me with those apologetic eyes it was as if he already knew.

My father informed me that I have to start next week already and catch up with the semester, since we all don't have work Marissa and Dale decided to spend the remaining day packing with me.

There wasn't that much to pack honestly, I am a minimalist person and all of the furniture will stay here so I guess clothes and any valuable things were the only things I'm bringing with me.

"Thank you for the coffee!" Marissa beamed, as soon as she heard Dale she stood up and walked outside of my room. Marissa barely looked 26, with her curvy figure and how she emits a youthful glow you wouldn't even notice that she's working a corporate job.

I wandered my eyes to the empty room, the moving company will be here in 10 minutes and we were just finishing labeling all of them. I have packed all of my clothes but still left a few pairs just in case I needed to go back here.

Even though, I just spent a few hours of the day here I will still miss the view that I'd wake up to every day. The city buildings surrounding me and the busy streets down below. This was what home looked like for me. It was a sight to remember.

"Any more stuff that needs packing?" Dale asked, his voice startled me a bit. In response, I shook my head and gave him a tight smile.

"We're done," I replied, he gave me my Matcha latte and sat down beside me.

"Promise to call?" He asks as I took a sip from my drink, I looked at him and smiled.

"Of course, when I have the time I'd even drive up here to meet you guys," I replied reassuringly.

I was doing okay with leaving and all, but I suddenly got a kick in the gut that I will miss all of this. I thought I wasn't going to have teary goodbyes from anyone, but now I realized I have them, and now I feel like I'm going to throw up. I'm not used to feeling this.

"Sam! The movers are here!" Marissa shouted from the outside, I sighed.

Well, I guess this is it. A step toward claiming back my power.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After the goodbyes, I have received from Marissa and Dale, with a mix of tears. I finally got inside of my Mercedes Benz G-class now it was my time to shed some tears. I left home with a big lump in my heart, leaving Marissa and Dale for a while is still the saddest memory that I have in mind. I thought of the things that we do every day that we couldn't do anymore. Going away from the people that found me was something that I thought wouldn't be hard. I promised Marissa and Dale to call on the weekends and update them about my life.

I was sure that all of us will still be talking to each other even if it was not on the weekend. My father made sure that I know that I still need to dedicate my time to the company so I made sure that my work will be following me anywhere I'll go. As I drove, the realization hit me that he didn't even bid me goodbye. Nor did he reach out.

Dale emailed me the location of the house and all of the details that my father recently bought as my home and even named it after me. I couldn't stop and think that there was a part inside him that wanted me gone.

A few hours later, I arrived at the Carson Grove Village and was immediately stopped by the guards at the gate. The village is heavily guarded with tons of guards with guns across their bodies. Some of them even have Rottweillers standing obediently beside them. This gate was the only entrance and exit to the village, I lowered my window and showed them the omega emblem that signifies that you are a resident within the village.