Chapter 18 - The stow away

OK! JUST SO YOU KNOW... THIS IS A CHAPTER THAT MOVES FROM ONE PERSON'S PERSPECTIVE TO ANOTHER. IT'S NOT IN FIRST PERSON THOUGH SO BARE WITH IT PLEASE! SORRY IF THIS CONFUSES ANYONE! IF YOU NEED HELP, MESSAGE OR COMMENT AND I'LL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU OUT! THANKYOU!

EVERYTIME YOU SEE "***" AFTER A SPECIFIC EVENT (you'll know what it is) IT MEANS THAT IT'S CHANGED PERSPECTIVE! THANKYOU AGAIN FOR EVERYONE WHO IS READING MY STORY!

Chapter 18 – The stow away

Bella sat down on the bed stunned. So, Julian was the Prince of Hystery. She sort of guessed he was from all the times he tried to tell her but she was shocked all the same. She insulted him but more importantly, she had insulted his entire family. How was she going to make it up to him?

“That’s it then.” She said, quietly. She rummaged through her drawers until she found what she was looking for. Her letter that  Merlin had given her telling her she was his next apprentice. She left it on the bed and walked out of the room. With the thought in her head, Bella got up quietly and walked outside, able to sneak past the dining room without anyone seeing her. She grabbed her bow and arrows and quickly called for Victor.

“Victor!” she whispered, trying to be as silent as possible, “Come on, we’re leaving.” She said, trying to keep her voice calm while pulling Victor along.

“Bella?” Minx said, opening her large deep eyes while her ears twitched. Bella stopped and closed her eyes tightly with frustration. She did not want to get caught and was clearly irritated that she was detected. Bella turned around and put on a pained smile.

“Yes?” she asked, impatiently.

“What are you doing?” Minx asked, basically already knowing what the answer was.

“Why ask what you already know?” she retorted. Minx was shocked.

“You’re running away? But why?” she asked, concern in her voice. Bella thought for a moment. Why was she running away? What was the real reason?

I don’t belong here,” a small voice echoed in the back of her mind.

“You’re wrong. I’m running away because of Julian. I hurt him and he will be better off without me,” she retaliated, her thoughts echoing in her own head.

No, you are running away from your destiny. You are running because you are terrified of what is to come.” The voice said, even stronger than before. Bella shook her head.

“No. That isn’t true. Julian is the Prince and I embarrassed and insulted him to his face. He wouldn’t want to see me again. It’d be better if I just left.” She said forcefully, half to the voice in her head and half to Minx. Minx shook her head.

“That’s not true. That’s absolute rubbish. Julian would still want to see you.” Minx said, trying to stop her from leaving.

“No, he wouldn’t.” Bella said, mounting Victor and starting to gallop away from the hideout. The place that felt more like home to her than any other place she’d been.

Julian, who had seen Bella gallop away, ran outside just in time to watch her disappear over the hill, which led towards Treehollow.

“Bella!” he shouted desperately. Unable to stop her, Julian walked inside, knowing that Minx wouldn’t be able to catch up to her now.

***

“Julian!” Lorie shouted from inside. Julian raced in to the bedroom just in time to see the last of Bella’s belongings disappearing in a puff of golden smoke. One thing was left behind but a note appeared on it.