Chapter 10

Scott drives through the Starbucks drive-thru before going back to the apartment, so by the time we get back, it is light outside. We sit in the car drinking our coffee in silence until I say,  "Did I hear you say that you need to take a shower?" He gives me a sideways glance and nods. "So do I." I force the smirk to stay off of my face as his turns red.

"Okay." I roll my eyes and gasp with mock surprise.

"I just had the best idea."

"What would that be?"

"To save time, we could always hop in there together." I turn my head toward him and see that his face is even brighter. "It's up to you." He nods.

"Let's do it."

****

We stand in the bathroom, facing each other, and I say, "You're sure you're okay with this?" He nods again and slowly begins to lift the hem of my shirt while I undo the buttons of his. Once our shirts are on the ground, he leans down to kiss my collarbone. He loops a thumb through a belt loop on my jeans while I start working at his belt. He grabs my hand when I start to pull on the zipper, and I look up him.

"You don't seem like you're okay with this." I say, pulling my hand back. He takes my hand and puts it back on the zipper, closing his eyes and putting his other hand on the back of my neck. He guides my hands with his own as I pull his jeans down and he steps out of them, kicking them across the small room.

"Your turn." I whisper. He goes much quicker than I did, and soon my jeans are in a heap next to his.

"Are you sure?" he whispers, leaning close to my ear and letting his hands trace lines all over my back.

"100%." I whisper back. He moves his hands to my hips, where my waistband lies, and begins to tug on it. I smile when his hand runs down my leg before pulling my boxers completely off and throwing them onto the pile. I do the same and soon we are under the water.

****

Scott kisses me and I oblige. My arms find their way around his neck and he pulls me impossibly closer. I moan a little when he pushes his leg lightly between mine, and he pulls back with a confused look on his face. I try to distract him by kissing his chest, but he takes half a step back and says, "Hang on a second. I-I think someone's at the door." I listen and when I hear the knock, I say, "Can't we just let them go?"

"What if it's Mrs. Thomson? What if something's wrong?" He starts to get out of the shower, but I catch his arm.

"Scott. If something was wrong, don't you think she would be a little more urgent, like she could use her key to get in, or she could call someone who is legally allowed to help her in an emergency?" He relaxes a little and steps back in.

"You're right. Now, where were we?" I put my arms back around his neck, but after a few seconds, he pulls away again.

"She's still there. I can hear her. I need to go check, I'm sorry." I watch as he wraps a towel around himself and leaves the room. I try to hear Scott's conversation, and it doesn't sound like he's talking to Mrs. Thomson. A few seconds later, he comes in and says, "Kirstie and Abigail are here." I push my hair out of my face and say, "Okay, why?"

"Their house was infested by something and now has to be tented. According to Kirstie, we're the closest they have to family, and Kevin isn't going to be here this week so they can't stay with him."

"They need to stay here?"

"Yeah, and I kind of already told them they could."

"Why can't they stay in a hotel?"

"Mitch!"
    "What? It's a valid question. Now, will you get in here with me?"

"I told them you'll be out in a minute, so I'd say no."