Chapter 9 - Willa

"I just received the information about the rehearsals, and it looks like we are good to go!"  Mom exclaimed.  "YAY!  i am sooo excited!"  I was literally freaking out, and could not hold in my scream for any longer. I ran outside and pretty much just screamed like crazy, until I saw one of my neighbors poke their head out of the window, and i sprinted back inside.  I tried to calm myself down, and I made some tea.  I sat down at my desk, and pulled out my homework. UUUGGHHHH homework!  I finished my homework as fast as possible.  As soon as my homework was done, I went to dinner, then bed.  (I know, besides the whole Taylor Swift thing, my life is pretty boring) 

The Next Morning...

"Willa, before you rush off to school, there is something I need to tell you," Mom said.  "What?" I asked, curious.  "We are moving..." She said, in a depressed voice.  Before I had the chance to say something, the expression on her face changed.  "TO LA CANADA!!"  "oh my gosh, Mom!!" I squealed with excitement. We were both jumping up and down, joyfully.  "When are we moving?" I asked.  "In 3 weeks,"  Mom replied.  "I will still be going to the same school, right?"  I questioned, worried.  "Yes, still Paisley Middle School.  Although when you get into high school, you might want to apply for a school called Westridge.  I've heard some great things about it, and it's only about 10 or 15 minutes away,"  "Oh, that's awesome!" "Anyway," mom went on.  "time for me to take you to school,"  "Ok,"  I replied.  "Let me just get dressed.  And don't worry, I already have my outfit picked out," "Phew!" Mom laughed.  I got dressed and went to school.  

"Mackenzie guess what?"  I exclaimed.  "What?" She asked, excited.  "I'm moving to La Canada!"  "Willa, that's awesome!  oh yeah and also, I need to tell you something,"  Mackenzie replied.  I got really worried.  "Starting next year, I'm going to be home schooled.  "Wait, what?  The only time I see you now is at school, and now you are being home schooled?"  Tears started to roll down my cheeks.  Starting next year, I will pretty much NEVER see my best friend, except for on television.  I started to walk away.  "Willa, wait!"  Mackenzie grabbed my arm. I pushed it away and kept walking.