Daddy Issues

Beatrix's P.O.V.

I walked quickly following Shin wherever we were going. But even though I knew that I was getting closer and closer to Carla all I could think about was the fact I was going to meet my father. The real one, the one I've thought was dead this whole time. Shin walked into a room and I followed, it wasn't till Shin walked to the side when I saw Fredric. He was chained onto a wall by his arms and legs.

"Beatrix. I'm glad your finally here, I've been waiting for you. You are my special guest tonight. Oh and don't be rude, say hi to your father. Go ahead wave. Say something." From behind Carla's scarf was the most biggest smirk ever. I could just feel it.

I looked down at my feet, my whole body was trembling. I took a moment to breathe and wiped the tears from my eyes,"Stop this bullshit Carla. What do you want?"

"What do I want? Hm. What do I want? Well I would tell you but, first we have to go somewhere else. Now come, I've had enough problems today." Carla wasted no time, and was off in seconds.

I looked back at Fredric for a moment, then went on to follow Carla.

Fredric's P.O.V.

"Shit. What the hell have I gotten myself into? I should've just told her in the beginning. Now what, come out with open arms and I'm your dad sign. God dammit!" I tugged at the chains once more but they wouldn't budge.

"Oh? It seems that your starting to go crazy. Already talking to yourself I see." Shin suddenly says.

"That's one way to put it I guess. So what's up with you? Are you his heroic sidekick?" I smirked.

"What did you say?!" He stopped himself then sit back down. "You're lucky that he still needs you for something. Were both leaders here, I take care of army. He takes care of.. other things."

"Other things? Sure whatever." I rolled my eyes at his words.

"..Beatrix. She's gone through a lot today hasn't she.. As her father you should know something. He's looking for something you have, I don't know what is, but he needs it."

"Why would you tell me this?" I asked.

"I owe her for something. She may not know it but I do owe her something."

"Her?"

"Your wife, she saved me. I think I owe her this at least. Well I have to go now. Goodbye and good luck." And with that Shin was out of the room.

You keep helping me even when your dead. I miss you Audrey, let's just wait and see how this turns out for now.

Yui's P.O.V

"Kou will you be okay?"

"I'll be fine!" Kou said lashing back.

"Okay, let's keep going then." I said in a quieter tone.

We kept on walking carefully around the back alleys and streets. We stopped and went into an "empty" home. We looked around and laid low in there for a while. I heard a scream from Kou and saw him crouching on the ground holding his eye.

I took Kou as fast as I could into the bathroom. I grabbed a washcloth and began to dab lightly at the spots where I could see blood.

"Kou. Are you okay? Do you need help?" I asked carefully. For a while all that could be heard were Kou's moans and groans as the blood still ran down his face.

"Kou, please let me help you."

"Yui." Kou said letting out a gently sigh.

"I want to help! Please tell me what happened?"

"The wolves."

"What do you mean the wolves?" I said continuing to dab at his face.

"Earlier I got attacked but it wasn't bad. I'll be.. fine." I could here his breaths start to grow heavier.

"Kou. Don't worry I'll take care of you." I said very determined.

"M Neko-chan. Do you really think that someone like you could really do that? But I guess I don't have the right to say that. From the start all I was ever seen for was for my face. Throughout the years so many filthy hands have touched this body. I've seen all their intentions from the start. It's sickening. So what makes m Neko-chan able to be different than all those other filthy bastards?" Kou said as if he were in that memory at the moment.

"Kou. I'm really here for you. I'll listen, I'll do whatever. Please." I looked at him in the eyes with an earnest look.

"M Neko-chan. You never seize to amaze me. Now you make me want to keep you to myself even more."

"Kou?!" I felt my cheeks go red.

"M Neko-chan. Does this mean you really do love me?" I heard him chuckle.

I looked down and gave a quick smile. I pulled Kou close into a hug,"I love you. But I don't know if I mean it in the same way. But I do know I love you. I love you all from the bottom of my heart and I want to be with everyone always."

"M Neko-chan, you broke my heart. But you really want what you said, I'll be here always as long as your here."

"Together?"

"Together." I felt Kou smile causing my heart to warm up.

Beatrix's P.O.V.

I looked back and as soon as I heard some sort of door close I slid down to the ground and let out a big sigh. "My father. My dead father who I guess isn't dead anymore. Great."

"Well shouldn't you be excited. One parent dies and you find another one alive. Seems like a fair trade." Carla said trying to be funny.

"Shut up. What do you know? How do I know your not making this up and just trying to mess with my brain?" I quickly started to interrogate him.

"Well you could always ask him yourself you know." And once again I could feel that annoying smirk under Carla's scarf.

"Yeah I could. But how can I figure out from you?"

"From me? Well let me prove it to you."

"What do you mean?" I said puzzled.

"You've seen it for yourself haven't you. He's just like the both of us."

"Yeah, so what?" I looked at him nervously.

"And I may have a little something here you might want to see." Carla handed me a piece of paper.

It was a wanted poster just like my mothers.

"Looks familiar doesn't it. You know he was your mother's right hand man. She was foolish to fall in love with him." Carla whispered into my ear.

Why? Why couldn't she explain this part to me. She saw him! She knew.. But why?

"It's okay, I know how it feels. Just join me Beatrix. I'll never lie to me, and you can lead it right next to me. Were both different. We were never loved or accepted." Carla's voice kept on sinking deeper and deeper in my mind.

"Were both the same.. Together. No lies." My arms slunk down.

"Yes that's right. Now Beatrix I think it's time we greet everybody."