Pre-Op

"But, only if we get special clearance that you and Tyler are in there, since I'll be awake." I said. "I did research on this type of surgery, and the high mortality rate is because since everyone is awake they start panicking, then a blood clot gets caught in their brain and they burst veins in their brain killing them. You guys keep me calm. It'll work. We should talk to them about it."

It's been 2 weeks since my last seizure, which is decent for me. We learned more about my surgery, and we were preparing for it. It was in two days and I would be sleeping at home tonight, but tomorrow night I would be at the hospital being prepped for surgery. This was gonna be fun.

When I got to the hospital they brought me to the pediatric cancer unit. The room next to me held a boy with brown fringed hair and black earrings. There was a small window in the wall so we could have contact with other patients so we wouldn't feel alone in our illness, but this boy was hella cute, and I had nothing to lose, I was probably gonna die anyway, so why not live it up?

"Hey. Hey you. Fringe boy," I called.

The way he moved his head to look at me revealed the bandage on the side of his head. I didn't know I how I missed it before, but I did.

"Yeah?" He had an odd accent. Australian? New Zealand maybe?

"What's your name?" I asked, batting my eyelashes.

"Dan. My name is Dan." British. He was British.

"You single?" I asked boldly.

"Yes. I'm very single." He grinned.

I walked over to the window, to get closer to him. He walked towards me, too, only to stumble, and almost fall, grasping the edge of his bed. I looked at him, stuck my head out the door, looked for hospital staff and bolted into his room. I grabbed his hands and sat him on his bed. He laid down.

"Well, that was humiliating." He gave me a sarcastic thumbs up.

"Nah, fam, you're okay. You're too beautiful to be embarrassed," I giggled.

"Shouldn't I be saying that to you?" He laughed.

"Nah, no need to stroke my non existent ego. Or self esteem." We laughed.

"I like you. You're funny."

Probably gonna die tomorrow during surgery. Fuck. It.

I leaned in and kissed him, and he jumped a little and tensed, before he kissed back with a hunger. We all know what it feels like to be scared, but cancer patients always have that imminent fear of death at any moment. So we learn to go for things. All things, anything, everything. We made out for a bit.

I fell asleep cuddled into his side with my head on his chest, listening to his fragile, uneven heart beat.