Prologue

After twenty years together, two grown-up children and a comfortable living, Jessica's parents had finally decided to tie the knot, because, truth be told, at this point of their relationship, it was almost impossible for them to split up.

Due to this rushed decision, Jessica became fully involved in planning the wedding she had been waiting for since she was a little kid. This had been causing her, at the age of eighteen, the worst headaches of her life.

Honestly, the whole planning thing wasn't a problem for her at all, because leaving aside the toll it took on her body, she was thrilled about all of it, since her parents would now be calling each other "husband and wife" officially.

As a favor, her mother had asked Jessica to keep an eye on most of the important details for the wedding to be perfect, but deep down, the girl knew her mom had only asked her because she didn't have anyone else to trust with such an important task. Maybe it was because the only two other people who could possible help were her father and her brother, but of course, no one would like to attend a wedding organized by a fifteen year old boy or a man who doesn't even have the time to make his bed once he gets up in the morning.

Jessica thought nothing could go wrong, until she heard some news from her mother that, had they been a storm, would have destroyed her completely— body and soul.

Song: Lost in you - Three Days Grace