Chapter 15

Ronnie's PoV

"Maybe you just need to give the man a break?"

I repeat Kimmy's words over and over as I lay down my bed, staring at the blue sky through the window. I had been talking to her about Liam and that was the advice she chose to give me.

Saying Liam doesn't need another bitch in his life, and admittedly, I had been one for the past few days. I'm still angry at him for ditching me like that; he practically abandoned me and what's with the giving me money like I'm some sort of hooker? Okay, I know he didn't mean it like that, but he's still infuriating.

He hasn't even bothered to call to apologize or something, so, why should I? Kimmy doesn't understand all the bullshit I have to endure because of Liam and Sophia, but she give me advices like she actually does.

I mean, she's not wrong. I know deep down, that Liam does need a break, I understand that I shouldn't be a bitch just because I can and even though I had been like this with him all my life, it doesn't necessarily make things easier.

Berie invited me to her dad's golf game yesterday, but I didn't feel like leaving the house. Kimmy was texting me all day, teasing me about how I'm missing the fun with 'Niall from One Direction' also at the scene.

I refused to tell her that I'm friends with Niall and the other lads too, because I guess, the fear of people only wanting to be friends with me so they can get close to the boys.

Kimmy and Berie had been nothing but nice to me ever since we all met, but the very fear I had been trying to hide away in the closet still lingers within me, knowing that they're in the know about that I'm friends with Liam.

Not wanting to repeat my first and hopefully last mistake, I keep the bragging rights to myself, at least until I know for sure that they're here for me and not because of who my friends are.

Tossing and turning for God knows how long, I screw my mind on Liam; he hasn't called and I'm worried about him. Should I be the bigger person and call him? No way! I didn't do anything wrong, he did!

Did he really? All he did was leave me alone to go with his girlfriend, I mean, it's not like it's the first time he's ever done it.

And speaking of... What is it with her these days, being all nice and happy and nauseating? I mean, calling and texting me to hang out, asking if I needed anything -- seriously, what kind of demon possessed her?

A few moments later, lost in my musing, I hear the doorbell ring and I quickly go under the covers and pretend to be sleeping. Shit!

I wait in anticipation for a knock on my door next, but nothing. I emerge from underneath my comforter and listen for any movements or any noise at all.

When I'm sure that no one is coming in, I get up and walk over to my window. I wonder who that was.

My face falls seeing Liam walk away with his head down in defeat. I frown in curiosity as I turn away to go downstairs.

"Mom..." I mumble quietly as I see her dumping something in the trash. "What's going on?" I ask, trying to eye what she had just thrown in the bin, but her body is blocking my view.

She spins around hearing my voice and I take a step back as I breathe in. My heart starts to pound seeing the look on her face as she stares at me.

She's... angry?

"Who rang the bell?" I ask one more time pretending not to know who it was.

"Liam." She says under gritted teeth.