Chapter 27

Kimmy's PoV

"You never should've told her that!" I protest as I playfully slap Ronnie's arm.

My heart starts to feel heavy the moment Dawn felt the need to breathe fresh air.

"Bitch, you were the one who told me to tell her!" Ronnie mumbles, slapping me in return.

When I helped Ronnie attend to the guests, we left Dawn with Berie; and because I'm naturally curious, I forced Ronnie to tell me about the deal with this Elle person and Louis.

And because I'm a Queen, she told me. It was surely one messed up story and it kind of made me scared to be near Louis -- I don't feel tough enough to actually deal with his snobbish attitude.

"Well, you shouldn't have listened! Especially not to me!" I squeal quietly in defense of myself.

"Really?! Thanks!" Ronnie says as she starts to feel guilty again.

"Oh my God. I think we just broke them up." I murmur under my breath.

"Oh, don't be ridiculous!" Ronnie slaps my arm again. "We don't even know what they were talking about." She adds.

Louis and Elle talked outside of my shop for a good forty-five minutes, I'm guessing, until Louis went back in and disappeared to God-knows-where, and Elle started catching up with her other friends.

I heave a sigh, trying to understand how messed up this whole thing had gotten; I mean, I thought their circle was fun, you know, lots of partying and just hanging out together, not having to worry about a single thing, except for what to wear or what to drink and even, where to hangout -- I didn't know there was this much drama going on behind the scene.

I wonder how Ronnie even attempted to deal with this at the time; did she have to pick a side? Did she have to confront Elle or comfort Louis?

I shake my head, getting rid of this matter that's weighing me down. I guess, it's none of my business.

You're damn right, it isn't!

I don't know Elle, which fails me to have a better understanding as to why she did what she did; the way Ronnie spoke about Louis, she was proud and full of genuine love, so I believe her when she says that Louis of all people doesn't deserve to be trampled on like this.

You're on his side, because you're a fan!

"Mon ami!" My friend! Elle suddenly appears out of nowhere and greets Ronnie.

Be cool. Don't be a dick.

"Bonjour, et vous êtes?" She asks, turning to me.

Don't fucking French me!

I smile forcibly and I glance at Ronnie, trying to tell her that I don't fucking speak French.

"Oh! Uhh, Elle, this is my friend, Kimmy." Ronnie introduces us. "She helped set this party up. She actually owns the place." She adds, smiling.

That's right, I'm the owner. Take that, French Girl!

She doesn't know I'm not the owner so, I think, I'll hold on to my bragging rights for a while.

"C'est si doux, je vous remercie!" She squeals in gratitude as she hands out her hand for mine.

Stop speaking French!

I take her hand without understanding what she just said to me, but it doesn't sound like she's cursing me to oblivion, so I guess that's a good thing, right?