Day 1

Dear Diary,

---

I wake up at 6:05 am for my first day of school. I tiptoe to the kitchen and get a bowl of coco pops.

After I eat it, I tiptoe back to my room to change into my black strappy singlet, my white-with-black-spots off-the-shoulder jumper, my black skinny jeans and my white converse. I get my phone and take it off the charger and get my clear case with doughnuts on it. I get my bag and put my school books, folders, pencil case and lunch in it. I place my bag at the front door and proceed to go to the bathroom. I brush my teeth, brush my hair and style it into two messy plaits with sections of hear hanging down my face. I put on foundation, sparkly silver eyeshadow, lots of black mascara and a red lip stain. I get my red beanie and pull it over my head, letting strands of hair fall under the beanie and down my face. I walk back to my room and I retrieve my bus card to put it in my case.

***

It's 7:40 am. I was watching the news with my mother whilst she drank her second cup of coffee. She was a fashion designer, and Gabriel Agreste's newest apprentice. This meant I would get time off school for fashion shoots and stuff like that, like Adrien Agreste. It was funny, as I'm in his class. Normally I wouldn't be in a class that wasn't for students my age, but due to different education departments, my education was decided to be with 16 year olds.

I have to now go to school. I say good bye to my mother, I grab my bag and go through the front door.

I'm waiting for my bus at the bus stop with a few other students. Whilst everyone's staring at their phones, I see a short 50 to 70 year old man dressed in a red and white Hawaiian flower shirt lying on the ground with his walking stick just out of arms reach in front of him. I run over and give the cane to him and help him stand up. "Are you ok sir?" I ask, actually worried if I need to call an ambulance. "Thank you dear, I didn't think anyone would notice. Have this, I was going to give it to my grand daughter but I don't think she deserves it, that stuck up princess," He murmurs under his breath and I giggle. "But I think you deserve this, you seem like you can keep a secret. Make sure to only open this when you get to your room or some sort of private area, OK?" He asks and I nod. He then retrieves a small black hexagonal shaped box, with red markings, from his pocket. "The box is nice, and thank you for such a gift sir." I say and look over to the students, who are boarding the bus. I say bye to the man and run over to the bus, just being able to make it on.

***

I'm now standing in front of my classes door. My new teacher had told me earlier to wait for her out side the class room, so I'm currently trying to avoid death stares for students. I'm stressed at this point, my nerves kinda kept under control by listening to Devil's Work by Miike Snow. I see the teacher and and a wave of relief comes over me. "Hi!" I say excitedly. "Hello, Taylah isn't it?" She says with a smile. I nod and she looks relived. "Well, better welcome you to my class of horro- I mean lovely students!" She says sarcastically to which I laugh. The teacher opens the door and goes through it and I follow her, the anxiety rising again.

"Good morning Miss Beausiere." The class of students ring out in a bored tone, but their eyes widen when they see me. "Good morning class. We have a new student joining out class today. This is Taylah. She's transferring from Tasmania." She says and smiles at you. "Um, hi. I'm-" I say but are cut off by a blonde with heavy makeup sitting in the front row. "Obviously lost, third grade is that way!" She says pointing to the door before laughing with her nerd 'friend' sitting next to her. "Not lost, actually. I'm Taylah, and I am in the right class actually. I'm moving from Tasmania, which is a large island of the south coast of Australia. My mother moved her, because she's completing an apprenticeship with Gabriel Agreste. Due to the different education departments from Australia and France, my education is two grades higher than students my age, merci beaucoup." I say with a smirk of sarcasm. "Thank you Taylah, if you would take a seat with Marinette today I'd be thankful." Miss Beausiere says to me with a smile and I go sit next to Marinette in the second row. I give her a smile and she smiles back before we both divert our attention to the teacher.