Father to Son

Zaid's POV:
"I love you, tu ru ru tu ru ru yeahaaha, I love you......tu ru ru....." I went on singing my favourite song from Salman Khan's movie. I came out of my room to fill up the jug with water only to hear the loud snoring of that policeman, guarding a part of my house. This was a silver opportunity which could help me misguide policemen. In this way, I could protect Nathifa. As soon as this thought popped up in my mind, I slowly placed the jug on my dinning table and moved towards the burnt part of the house in search of any evidence that probably could turn out to be a danger for me later.

I passed the sleeping police easily and entered the burnt room. It was a complete mess. The smell was strongly unpleasant but, tolerable. Memories flashed my mind. Past moments spent with abbu overpowered me. I remembered how abbu hugged me tight on my birthday. Tears came rolling my eyes. But, this was not the appropriate time to get emotional. Instead, this was the time to forget about emotions and work smart. I kept on telling this to myself. But this stupid heart, never listens to me. Damn!

I searched like a bloodhound and finally discovered a page with some parts burnt, still I could read it.
I quickly got out from there and rushed back to my room.

The page was abbu's suicide note. His last written note for me. It read:

Dear Son,
In this note I am going to pour my heart out. Zaid, you have been the bravest of kid all these times. Your unconditional love and obedience for your mother's instructions makes me proud having bring you to this world. The first time I held you in my hands, I felt as if I have received all the happiness of this world. You were so small and brittle. And now, look at you! You have grown up into a young, handsome man. Your intellect, unfortunately, is just like your mother. But son, you have my innocence. It is this innocence that has sustained some humane feelings in you. But child, it is this intellect that has almost converted you into an impulsive monster.
Zaid, I always wanted to apologize for whatever you went through because of me and especially your mother since childhood. Please beta, try to understand what this note is all about. I have no intentions of bitching about your mother or cribbing about my own failures in my life. I just want you to be aware of your own self and your mother's reality. Always know beta, reality is harsh and therefore people run away from it. This happens because they cannot accept this barbarous thing occurring in their lives. Humans are cowards. You, me, your mother....all of us have been cowards. And this isn't your fault, it's all our fault. Because as parents, we became self-centered and failed to teach you what facing the reality is all about or why is it essential to not run away from what comes before us. We couldn't provide you with a perfect family environment that you deserved. All you have witnessed is financial crisis, compromises and death. You received love from your mother, but child do you think you can call it love? What has this love made you?

Look at yourself. YOU ARE A MURDERER ZAID! YOU ARE A RAPIST! Child, you need to learn having control over your emotions. May Allah show some mercy to you neglecting the merciless crimes you have committed. But despite all the bitter truths about you, which even you are unconscious about, I LOVE YOU BETA! No matter what, I will always remain your abbu, you like it or not.

I know this note has offended you. I know this note has filled you up with rage. But, child, it is high time you bring out truths from your unconscious level to your conscious level of knowledge. I'm going my child, leaving you alone. I know I'm being selfish once again but I can't take this anymore because I can't live with our past experiences anymore. Sorry for boring you with this long note. Sorry for calling you what you actually are.

There is a limit for everything. Even for love, even for obedience. I know you didn't intend to rape. But child, A RAPE IS A RAPE. You have my innocence child and that is why I know for the fact that you abided by all the unreasonable rules put forward by your mother. You need a psychiatric help. Please son, don't misinterpret me. I'm still proud of you being my son because you have been the most bravest and obedient of sons existing in this world. Everything just exceeded its limit and that's why it all went like a chakravyu. And you got trapped. You still are. The only solution to escape this is to face it, accept it. Go for a psychiatric help and you shall have peace.

Now things might look bitter to you. I may appear 'bad'. But these advices are for your own good. I'm not going to be physically with you anymore so atleast you are free from seeing my ugly face everyday, but you want it or not, I will never leave your side. Even if I die. I shall live for you. I shall live in you. Close your eyes, and you shall find me smiling. Love you son. Goodbye.

Love
Abbu.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hey guys, hope you don't find this part boring but actually, it was important to give some details regarding Zaid as a person from someone else's perspective.

So, what do you think, Is Zaid really a rapist and a murderer? Or is this all a hallucination? What did Zaid's mother do?

In this story, you will find that YOUR ANTAGONIST IS MY PROTAGONIST. This storyline borrows an idea from Oedipus complex but is not technically based on it.

Looking forward to your response. Read, vote, comment and let me know your ideas about it. If the response is positive, then I may introduce you to a new story that I have in mind based on fantasy. So readers, you have an important role to play. Waiting for your reaction for my next action! 😉