Chapter 12

Ariana's POV:

My heart aches and I don't know what to do. I sit here in this depressing silence as we all keep our mouths without words.

It's been 7 hours and we still haven't heard anything about my daughter, nor have I left this room to pee, eat, or even drink.

She's okay, right?

They're just keeping her back there and not telling us because she needs rest...right?

My thoughts are clouding up my brain and my headache gets worse. My mind, without my input, makes up different scenarios of what could be going on with her.

Is she awake and fine but we can't see her cause she needs privacy? Or is she really sick because of loss of air to her lungs? Did her lungs collapse? Is she in surgery because of heart failure? No, that can't be it.

Surly they'd ask for permission to do that, wouldn't they?

Yeah yeah, they would. That's a law, I'm pretty sure.

"Ariana, you need to eat." My brothers voice sounds like it's miles away. Thinking that I'm only thinking of him saying anything, I ignore him.

Why haven't they come and told us anything yet? Usually doctors come and tell us things as soon as possible. What could possibly be taking 7 hours for them to tell us anything?

"Ariana?"

I blink a few times before seeing a picture of my daughter lying in a casket. Where did that come from? My eyes fill with tears.

She lays with her hands laced together and her favorite teddy bear in between.

I blink a few times before seeing the room I've been in for multiple hours.

I had only day dreamt of that, I though. It wasn't real.

The tightness in my chest releases and I scoot back in my chair. I hardly saw the face, inches away from mine until I realize he is calling my name.

"Ariana, answer me dammit!" Frankie shouted, his voice filled with fear and that's when I am brought back to reality.

"Sorry huh?"

"I've been calling your name for 10 minutes. You started crying after I told you that you need to eat," He informs me and I'm bewildered.

"You spoke to me?" I asked, growing afraid that I didn't know that even when he was just feet away telling me.

"Yes, I did. Are you okay?"

I shrug with no response. Am I okay? I thought. I'm physically okay, I guess. But my emotions are everywhere.

"Why were you crying?" My mother sits her coffee cup down and turns her full attention on me.

Again, I shrug.

"Tell me, I know you know." She begs, lacing her hands with mine.

She's right, I do know. Its just such a horrifying picture, I don't think I can handle speaking about it. But I don't think that's a choice.

"I just pictured her in a casket," I said, really quietly and the horrified look on my mothers face tells me that she heard me.

"You what?"

"I had like a day dream of her in a casket, dead." I said, lowly and the gasp from across the room tells me that Zayn heard that time. I don't take the time to look over at him, I just ignore him.

"Don't you dare think like that!" She scowled at me in an aggressive tone, showing all seriousness.

"I couldn't help it,"