Chapter 6

Recap: "Gayoon, why don't you call your parents and see if it's alright for you to stay the night? It's late," Hakyeon whispers and I nod, yawning. I pull out my phone and text Taehyung, telling him I won't be home. He responds quickly, asking where I am, and I tell him I'm at Chaerin's house. He responds with a 'k'. I rub my eyes and shake Chaerin's shoulder. "Chaerin-ah, let's go to your room," I say and she groans, sitting up. We trudge upstairs and collapse onto her bed. Too tired to slip under the covers, I lay on top of them on my stomach. "Goodnight unnie," Chaerin mutters. "G'night."

Gayoon's POV

The sound of my phone ringing wakes me up. I glare at the bright screen, struggling to read the name while I'm still half asleep.

"Aish why is this boy calling me so early?" I slide my finger across the screen and press my phone against my ear. "Wae? I was sleeping!" I whine.

"Yoonie, where are you?" I grimace at the nickname.

"Yoonie?"

"Yes that's another nickname for you."

"Please don- ugh whatever I don't care. Why are you calling me?"

"You need to come home now!"

"Waeyo?"

"Because I said so."

"Mwo? Who said you can tell me what to do? Besides, it's not like I'm doing anything wrong. I'm at Chaerin's house."

"But-"

"What?"

"Aish you ruined it Gayoon! I wanted to have a brother sister day with you and surprise you when you got home." I smile and mentally 'awww', touched that Taehyung wants to spend time with me.

"Jeongmal?"

"Yeah."

"Arasso, I'll be home soon."

"Yay! I'll see you in a few!" He hangs up before I can say anything else and I roll my eyes fondly. He may be weird and a bit annoying at times, but I still love my brother.

"Chaerin-ah. Chaerin. Wake up." Said girl groans and rolls over to face me.

"Wae?" she says, her voice groggy from sleep.

"I have to go."

"Aww wae?" She sits up and rubs her eyes cutely.

"Because Taehyung wants to spend the day with me," I say and she sighs, but smiles.

"Arasso. I'll see you on Monday then." I hug her and leave her to go back to sleep. I quickly change into more appropriate clothes and gather my things. I tip toe downstairs in case everyone is still asleep. Surprisingly, the boys are all awake.

"Why are you guys up so early?" I ask, tilting my head in confusion.

"Early? It's 12 o'clock!" Ravi looks at me strangely and I pull my phone out, checking the time. I laugh and slide my phone back into my pocket.

"Ha, look at that, it is." He sends me another strange look, before going back to eating.

"Are you leaving already Gayoon?" Hakyeon asks and I nod.

"Ne, my brother wants me to spend the day with him," I say and he smiles.

"That's sweet. I wish Chaerin would spend the day with me, but I can't get her out of bed most days," he says and I giggle.