Chapter 14

Recap: "I forbid you two to date!" he says in a calm voice and my jaw drops. "Excuse me? Who do you think you are? It's not your place to forbid anyone from dating me," I snap. "I'm your brother!" he says, his voice rising and I take a step forward so that I'm closer to him. "I think you need to learn your place, or have you forgotten that you've only known me for three months?" I seethe. He opens his mouth to retort, but I beat him to it. "You're practically a stranger to me, what makes you think that you have any say in my life?" He stays silent at that questions and I scoff. Without another word I turn and leave the kitchen, stomping all the way up to my room. I'm blinded by my rage and I kick over everything that gets in my way. I manage to knock a few pictures down as well. I make sure to slam my door as hard as I can, barely satisfied when the noise echoes throughout the house. Nothing can calm my anger right now. His reaction was impractical. He has no right to lead my life as if it were his. I wish I could say 'I told you so' to Jimin, but I can't make light of this situation. It's as if my worst nightmare is coming true. This is exactly how I imagined Taehyung would react. No matter what I do, I can't seem to have a happy, normal relationship. Maybe I should just give up now.

Gayoon's POV

The next morning my parents don't seem to notice the tension between Taehyung and I. They talk to us normally, not noticing the glares we're sending each other. After breakfast I try to rush to the bus stop first, but Taehyung latches onto my arm before I can.

"Let go," I say, glaring at my brother.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" he asks, not loosening his grip.

"To the bus stop, where else would I be going?"

"What's the rush? The bus doesn't come for another ten minutes," he says, not looking at me. I don't answer and he pulls me to the stop where Jimin is already waiting. He looks up when we arrive, and I wince. He's now sporting a huge black eye that makes the rest of his face look paler than usual. I take a step towards him, but Taehyung tightens his grip on my arm.

"Yah, let go!" I say, tugging away from him.

"No."

"No?" I raise my eyebrows at him, and scoff. "Goddamn it Taehyung just let me go! This is ridiculous!"

"The bus is here."

I gape at him as he completely ignores me and pulls me onto the bus. He takes one of the seats for two and shoves me into the window seat. "Don't man handle me Taehyung," I spit, and once again, he ignores me.

As soon as the bus stops at the school, he latches onto my wrist again and drags me off quickly, making sure to leave Jimin behind.

"Taehyung cut it out already!" I exclaim exasperated. My arm is starting to get sore. No doubt I'll have a bruise tomorrow.

"Taehyung-ah! Gayoon-ah!" Seokjin and Namjoon walk up to us, smiling brightly. Jin is the first one to notice the tense atmosphere and how Taehyung is gripping me so tightly.

"Uh, Taehyung, don't you think you should loosen your grip a bit? You're holding her pretty tightly," he says, glancing worriedly down at my reddening forearm.

"Why are you even holding her anyway?" Namjoon asks, scratching his head with one finger.

"We've got to go. We're gonna be late to class," Taehyung says with a blank face, before dragging me away.

"Yah!" I turn around to where Seokjin and Namjoon are still standing, looking thoroughly confused. "Help me!" I mouth to them, but they don't move to do anything. They just stare in confusion at us as we leave.