Chapter Eleven: "Wake Up"

Listen to the song while reading :)
vvvvvvvv
Song: Wake Up- Eden

Trigger/feels warning

--

"Dipper, something's wrong with you."

"I'm...I'm fine." Dipper forced a weak smile, gently taking Bill's hand in his own. The blonde scowled a little, placing the other hand on Dipper's forehead. He gritted his teeth, looking away.

"Your fever's getting worse..." Bill said, wrapping another blanket around the now shivering brunette. Dipper's face was flushed, his eyes were bloodshot, and his fever was getting worse by the hour. He'd only woken up a few hours ago, and ever since the nightmare, his health had only been heading for the worst.

Dipper had a feeling that it would be best to not tell Bill about the dream. It would only make him worry.

Gently, Dipper leaned his head back and closed his eyes. It felt like he was being eaten alive from the inside out. His flesh burned. He wanted to sleep again, but it was impossible with so much pain.

Bill got up, pacing the room. It was something he usually did when he was out of options. He clawed at his hair, gritting his teeth. Despite all of the power he had, he was now watching the one he loved wither away, and there was nothing he could do.

"Dipper, should we go to the hospital? Please, I can't stand to see you like this..." Bill pleaded, staring at Dipper with pained, desperate eyes.

All that Dipper could do was let out a soft groan and shake his head. He felt like he was dying. The room seemed to be spinning around him, the world one big blur.

Maybe it was the end.

Perhaps he'd hit his limit.

The odds didn't seem to be in his favor.

-

Bill sighed, leaning against the counter. Dipper had fallen asleep, so he went downstairs. He sipped the coffee, trying to calm himself down. He rubbed his bloodshot eyes, letting his gaze fall to the floor.

His thoughts drifted back to home. He thought of his family, or what was left of it. They were probably worlds away. In an entirely different dimension.

What about....him?

If it were him, not dipper....

He closed his eyes. He knew that leaving the poor kid behind was a mistake. Abandoning him was the worst thing that Bill could've done. 

Even if he was a demon, or human, it wouldn't have mattered. I left him. I left him to fend for himself with some false hope that I would come home.

"Things...things are better here," Bill looked up, smiling, as if he were right there. "I always wanted to bring you to America. It's always shining here, you love the sunshine..." Tears welled in his eyes. Until now, he never realized how much he wanted to go home. He never knew how much his family meant. He'd almost forgotten everything he'd left behind. It was like he'd been chasing some dream, hoping to find something better, but he threw away the best thing he could ever have.

His breathing hitched.

Demons don't cry.

Did I...even tell him? 

I left him before I even told him I'd changed.

That's why I left...

I couldn't bare him knowing.

I didn't want him knowing that I was a monster.

He gritted his teeth. Things couldn't get any worse.

"Why...why does he mean so much to me?" Bill said out loud, a few tears falling. "I didn't want him to be anything more than another assignment...but now he's....I can't help it...I don't want to leave him, I don't want to lose him..." He choked out a sob. "And you want to take him from me, don't you?! You want to tear away the only thing I've got!" 

His knees buckled. He fell to the floor, his body giving into the exhaustion. The last few days had been so chaotic that he hadn't gotten any sleep.

His eyes blurred.

A figure walked into the kitchen. At first Bill thought it was Dipper, but the aura was too strong. He could make out the dirty jeans and baby blue colored hair, with that one-in-a-million smile.

"W...William..."

The boy kneeled down, touching Bill's cheek. He ran his hand through Bill's messy blonde hair, letting out a purr. Seemingly, despite being left behind, William still loved his brother dearly.

"Long time no see," William said, pulling Bill into a tight hug. "I missed you."

Bill was so tired that all he could do was wrap his arms around his younger brother.

Gently, William picked Bill up. He took him upstairs, setting him on the spare bed. Dipper looked over, concerned.

"Is he-"

"He's fine. He'll feel better when he wakes up."

Dipper nodded, looking down.

"Come on," William put a hand on Dipper's shoulder. "We've got work to do."

Dipper nodded, closing his eyes for a moment. He hoped that Bill would be okay and everything would work out. He wished that Bill would be okay without him.

Getting William between dimensions was what had made Dipper sick. It felt like a star collapsing inside his body, such power and force should've killed him, but Will had planned for such a thing. He ensured that Dipper would live, at a price.

That price would soon tear the world he knew apart.

And it would cost him more than he could ever imagine.