Chapter 8

After my "mom" woke up, I heard her go over to Jessica and wake her up. "Nooo.. I don't want to get out of bed.. Scar hit me on my head." Luckily she said this sleepily, so everyone thought she had dreamed it. When she woke up, she called me to the bathroom and wanted to talk with me. "Scar, I don't understand.. how did you come back from that shack alive?" "What do you mean? It's just a shack, why wouldn't I go explore it a bit?" I answered. "You know what I mean Scar. There was someone in that shack.. you talked about.. why she didn't do something in return-" " I don't understand what you're talking about." I said, and left. When I returned to the kitchen, my mom and dad were making breakfast. Mmmm pancakes.. We barely had pancakes ever. I eagerly sat at the table as Marty, my "dad" set a plate with a tower of pancakes, and little bowls with butter, whipped cream, fruit, honey and syrup. Everyone sat down, and before anyone ate, Marty announced, "Your mother and I decided to stay here for a few more days!" I smiled happily, this will give me more time to finish my job. But Jessica stared wide-eyed at her mom and dad. "What's the problem?" Asked Marty. "Nothing, I just wanted to leave.. you know to go to the superland." "So our Jessica wants to go to the superland!" Her mom said. "Yep! I was.... really... excited, and, now we're stuck here." "Don't worry we'll go there soon enough. Now let's srart eating!" We ate the pancakes, and I said I had to go outside for some fresh air. This time, I made sure no one was following me and entered the shack.