Prologue

"Just give me some time to think!" He said, desperately, begging her almost.

  "What is there to think about?! You claim you love me, I told you that I feel the same, so what is there to think about Patrick?!" She couldn't tell if it was tears streaming down her face or if it was the rain.

 "I don't want to hurt you, but I don't want to hurt her either... Can you please give me some damn time?"

"I don't think I can give you any more time than I already have. You should know what you want by now." She looks down at the concrete underneath her feet.

"I do want you, you know that I do, but I gave her so much of me... Please Taylor..." He grabbed her hand and lifted her chin up to force her to look him in the eyes.

"It's pretty pathetic that i'm the only one thats all in this. I can't be the only one... i'm sorry. You know I love you, right?" She tries to smile, but her lip quivers and he can see that she is crying.

"Taylor..."

"Goodbye Patrick." She pulls away, and slowly takes her hand out of his and walks away. The tears are   falling quicker than the rain now. 

 He stands there, thinking he should run after her, but just stands there, watching as she walked away and feels his heart rip out of his chest and land at his feet.