Solitude I

Solitude

[Chapter 1]

Raiyne Scarlett Taini

January 24

It was a cold day, but the sun was up and shining bright. Footsteps hitting against the pebbles on the ground filled my ears as the chill January wind kicked into gear.

No words were shared yet thoughts consumed my brain. My conscience weighing heavy on my shoulders.

The rush and excitement that I had a chance to once feel miraculously turned into guilt. A tear arrived at the bridge of my lower lid. Access into the outter world was denied.

literally. I thought.

The loud buzz as an indication that the doors had opened. And more footsteps, this time, on hard concrete surface.

They grabbed us and placed us all together. No air left for anyone to breathe.

One by one we were called to our temporarily permanent apartments with our roommates.

"Yo Frecks , the fuck yah think yah doing man ?"

Rolling my eyes, I've had to deal with these before. I let out a sigh as I continued on with the placement of my items. I proceeded towards the opened wood hanging on a hinge.

Later, I returned to find my items NOT were I placed them.

My linens where covered in human fesses, my  bristled brush was on the floor and my items were all over.

They had me fucked up.

They don't know me, I'll fuck a bitch up . Suddenly,  I heard footsteps. And tadaaa Biggie came in with Tupac & Dre.

I looked, they watched. I moved, they shifted. We Stared.

"Let the redeemed of the Lord say 'So'"

Before they could speak, I swung and hit Tupac in her chin. Biggie decides to step up and get slapped. Dre attempted to stomp me out but ended up with a bloody nose. This 'fight' went on until I heard rushing of feet.

I stopped, looked and said 'So' .

•••

Before I knew it , I went from three roomies to one and I was planning on bringing it down to none .

I made sure to set my items up on one side of the room and made it clear that I was to be respected to get respect .

I closed my eyes when my roomie decides to spark up a little conversation .

"Ohana , green , shrimp , three , none , twenty -three ."

I gave off a puzzled look as she chuckled . I found nothing funny . I hated when people made me feel confused . Confusion means that someone has the ability to play tricks on my mind and I would not even know .

He used to tell me 'confusion , it's the feeling you get when you don't know what the fuck you're feeling .'

She elaborated .

"I'm Ohana , my name , it's Ohana . My favorite color is green; I love shrimp; I have three siblings ; no children ; and I am twenty three years of age "

My mouth went to form the shape of the letter 'o' as to say that I now understood what she was talking about .

I felt her stares as I turned on my side to try and get some sleep . After what felt like forever of her just staring . I let out a slightly annoyed sigh .

"Raiyne, R-A-I-Y-N-E . Black . Pasta . Eight . None . And I'm 24"

Plastered on her face was the widest smile that I have seen in a while , it kind of made me want to return the favor , but instead I proceeded with my original plans.