Chapter 6

When i reached my car,I got inside of it, entered the address of my new home in the navigation system,though I remember the way back home,but just in case,so that I don't get lost. This place is so new to me,am not familiar with the roads here yet. So it will take me some time to get used to these streets, specially the way from college to home. I switched on the music system and turned on the radio. Most of the radio stations were playing rock music,the kind of music I hate,after turning through several radio channel,i found one playing one of my favorite songs " every night in my dreams",the famous song from the movie titanic. While I was listening to the song ,my heart slipped into Harry's thought. The entire drive I kept on thinking about him,everything about him is just so good,the way he talks,the way he smiles,his sense of humour and everything. When I was leaving for home from college I planned on getting my lunch from any drive through ,but it seems that I was so engrossed in his thought that I completely forgot about that. It only struck my mind when my stomach started to make weird noises , bringing me back to this world and when I decided to take a U- turn and get my lunch,I realised that I was already in the driveway near my house and I could see my house from where I stopped my car to take the turn. Without thinking anymore I drove straight to my home. While I was parking my car ,I got a glimpse of mom in the back yard. So I walked inside of my house and went straight to the back yard. "mom what are you doing here?", I asked her. She was doing something,sitting on the ground, I could only see her back. She stood up and turned towards me. She was covered in soil and mud. I sarcastically asked her," don't tell me you r playing with the soil." She chuckled and said," am not playing with the soil, I am just planting some flowers.",after a little pause, she added," I have always loved to do gardening, We didn't have much of a backyard, back in Washington ,so I couldn't practice my gardening skills there,but now we have ,so why waste time doing nothing ,gardening is the best way to release your stress." "umm! I like it", I said. " mom am hungry,do you have anything to eat?" I asked her with a pity face and she quickly replied," yes of course sweetheart,let's go inside,I'll do this later,let me get you something to eat first". I love the way she always cares for me and dad. I love her so much. We can't imagine a single day without her. Sometimes I think what would we do ,what would I do,without her,my whole world would possibly come to an end. When I was thinking about all these mom made cheese pasta for me and the bowl was already placed in front of me. I put a spoon full of pasta in my mouth and complimented her by yelling," Mom, you are the best cook,in the world",as she was in the kitchen,i hope she is making dinner. She made a sarcastic remark by saying," tell me something that I don't know already,and laughed hard", I also joined her and laughed. I finished eating my pasta and went into the kitchen to put the bowl into the sink. As I had imagined she was making dinner and I can tell that she was preparing some special dish ,by the ingredients placed on the counter. So to clear my confusion I asked her," what are you making,and why did you start making dinner so early?", she turned towards me and said," because we are having so guests", I exclaimed," what? And when were you planning to tell me ?". She giggled and said," Actually I forgot to mention it to you, actually your dad called late in the afternoon and informed me that , he has invited his colleague to dine with us, so he told me to prepare something nice, so here I am making Lebanese chicken", she finished with a sigh. I sighed too and asked," when are they coming?", "at 8 o' clock",she replied,short and clear. I simply replied with "ok", and went to my room, leaving mom alone in the kitchen.