CHAPTER 3

Leah's POV

The day had been uneventful. After the annoying guy who kept on disturbing me during History, I was treated normally the whole day. By 'normally', I mean ignored by everyone. People would usually hate being ignored, but that wasn't the case for me. I hated attention, and I liked it when no one paid attention to me. They could go on their own merry life and I would go on mine.

Looking at my timetable, I sighed. The last period was gym. I hated gym to the core. It was the only period when I could sustain more injuries than I already had. Actually, I was great at fighting.  When mum was still alive, Samuel would teach me how to fight. Yet, after my mum died, I just stopped fighting. It was my fault. It was all my fault. If I hadn't been such a brat, my mum would still be alive. Samuel, my mum, and I could be a happy family and all would be well. Too bad that was now just a dream, a hope that I carried in my heart. I was a black belt in Taekwondo and I could throw knives really well. Give me a bow and an arrow, and I would also be able shoot quickly and accurately. Samuel used to compliment me on my sword fighting, yet my mum's death was too much for him, and me as well. 

I was also decent at sports. Yet, being good at anything other than academics would attract something I didn't want: attention. And that was why during gym, I let myself be hit by flying balls and swinging rackets. Being a wallflower meant not attracting any attention, and I was contented with that. However, not being able to show the sporty side of me meant that I had a really big chance to sustain more injuries than I already had.

Sighing, I grabbed my gym clothes from my locker. Just then, someone tapped me on my shoulder. Turning around, I found myself sucked into grey-blue orbs that belonged to a guy that looked like he just stepped out from a magazine. It was like time had stopped, and there was no one else in the hallway except me and him.

Suddenly realising where we were, I shook my head, putting up my walls and plastering a blank look on my face.

"Do I know you?" I said monotonously.

"You don't remember me?" He asked, as if shocked. I caught a flash of hurt in his eyes before he disappeared. Why was he hurt?

"Should I?" I asked curiously. I had never seen this guy before in my whole entire life, and he was asking if I remembered him?

"I was in your History class." He stated.

I stared at him blankly.

"I sat next to you in History!" He said, obvious exasperation and irritation shown on his face.

I instantly felt annoyed. He kept on disturbing me during class and now he was irritated that I didn't remember him?

"I just wanted to apologise for hurting you in History. I didn't know I poked you so hard." He stated.

I cringed mentally. I was lucky he thought he poked me too hard. If he knew I had an injury there, he would definitely be curious and I would have had to make up a lie to tell him.

"I would appreciate it if you stop disturbing me during class. Thank you." I said, my face filled with absolutely no emotion. Immediately after I said that, I felt like a bitch. He was trying to apologise to me and I was just flipping him off.

He just looked at me, hurt and anger filling his eyes, as he turned around and walked away.

"Wait!" I shouted, grabbing his arm. Feeling weird sparks on my hands, I instantly removed my hands. I felt guilty that I had treated him like that. He didn't deserve it.

"I'm sorry. It's just been a really shitty day today." I apologised. "See you around." Without waiting for an answer, I slammed my locker shut and walked away. 

Gym and injuries, here I come.

-----------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hey guys! So I'm sorry this chapter is kinda short, I just wanted to update an extra chapter during the weekdays as I got my first vote, and I'm feeling really really happy. It may not mean much to you guys, but to me, its a tiny step forward. So a big thank you to those who voted for my story <3

So my update schedule is every weekend. I might update on either a Saturday or a Sunday, it depends.

Please follow, vote, and comment! It would make my day :")

Much love for y'all! xxxxxx