[ONE]

My alarm goes off and I smile as I hit the snooze button

My alarm goes off and I smile as I hit the snooze button. It was another day, another glorious day. I hop out of bed and look through my closet and look for something to wear. I feel amazing today, which is not much different than any other, but I still would like to show it. I throw on a bright pink long sleeve shirt and black leggings. I then do my hair and makeup, which is natural as usual. I walk downstairs and my mom pulls me into a giant hug.

"Oh, look at you, so grown up. I can't believe my baby girl's a senior." Mom smiles.

"I know, I'm really excited." I say on the verge of jumping up and down with excitement.

"Your father would be really proud." Mom tells me.

My father is in the army and is currently in Afghanistan fighting for his country. My father has always been brave like that. I'm not, but I'm ok with that. I'll fight for our country while staying in the country. I even have a five year plan. After high school I'm going to go to the University of Washington and I'm going to major in Psychology which then will lead to a job as a psychiatrist where I can help people with their problems and hopefully make the world a better place.

"Well I should get something to eat before I'm late." I state.

"Already taken care of, I made pancakes for you this morning." Mom informs me.

"You didn't have to do that. I am an adult now, remember?" I remind her. 

"I know." Mom says.

"Well thank you." I smile.

I dig in and eat what I can without throwing up. Once I'm done I put my dishes in the sink and grab my bag before heading out the door. I get in my brand new 2016 Chevrolet Cruz in royal blue. My mom gave it to me for my eighteenth birthday. My dad video chatted that day just to see my expression. One of the best days of my life. There's nothing that can top it. I turn on the radio and smile widely when I hear 'Into You' by Ariana Grande. I know that Ariana is very controversial when it comes to her singing, but I like her and that's all that matters. 

I pull into the school parking lot and park. I go to La Push High School, a private school only for kids who live on the reservation. I find my friends Layla and Liam waiting for me. We've been friends since preschool and always will be. We were often referred to as the three musketeers of La Push High. Our bond was unbreakable.

"Morning." I smile.

"Someone sure is in a good mood." Layla smirks.

"Isn't she always?" Liam questions. I roll my eyes at him. "Ready for our last year in hell?"

"I think you mean amazing place of learning." I correct him.

"I know what I said." Liam states. We all laugh as we walk inside and I shake off from the light rain. "What are you, a dog?"

"Shut up." I remark.

"Well I'm going before I'm late, bye guys." Layla tells us and walks off.

"Mind if I walk you to class?" Liam asks.

"Not at all." I smile.

Suddenly I am covered in something wet and cold. I look up to see Paul Lahote, an older guy that got held back for bad grades. He was mysterious, he doesn't really talk to anyone. His eyes reach mine and he just stares, like he just saw the sun for the first time. But then his face hardens.

"Watch where you're going." Paul sneers and storms off.

"Are you ok?" Liam questions worried.

"Yeah, I.. I'm fine." I stutter lost for words. "I'll see you later."

I run to my first class, completely stunned by the guy known as Paul Lahote.

A/N:Hey guys!! If this isn't the best chapter, I am sorry. This is my first story. But I promise it will get a lot better. I swear!!! Alright, peace out!!!;);)