Chapter 4

A few weeks after I proposed to Annabella, my dad came to tell me he had agreed to a marriage between Regina, the princess of Llew, and I. Lucian was in the room with us and we looked at each other after my dad made the announcement. "Well, dad about that I'm already engaged."

"How dare you get engaged without asking me? Who is this unworthy peasant that has gotten your attention?"

"Actually, she's Annabella, Queen of the faeries. I forgot to tell you. I'm sorry, Father." His expression changed to a look of understanding. "So faeries still exist then? Then you must be Annabella's soul mate and who am I to split that up?" I was so happy to hear that when my father said the dreaded words... "However," I felt a look of deathly fear pass over my face. "I must meet her soon." I sighed in relief. "I will bring her to come meet you and mom as soon as I can."

"That's the boy I raised. See you at dinner, son."

"See you later dad."

A few months had passed since Xander had proposed to me and now it was time for me to meet his parents. Xander was going to help me pick a dress to wear and then we were going to meet his parents. I used my magic to create a dress around me. The first dress I tried on was a red, off the shoulder dress. It was floor length and flowy. It matched my pale skin and blonde hair, but neither Xander, nor I thought it was the right one. The next was a green dress, off the shoulder, with short sleeves, cutouts, and a white design around the waist. We were almost there but it still wasn't quite right. "Why do you keep picking dresses that go off your shoulders?" Xander asked after a few more dresses that didn't seem right. "Do you not like it?" I asked. "It's not that I don't like it, I was just wondering."

"Oh, well then it's because I think my shoulders are pretty."

"You think your shoulders are pretty?"

"Yes, now hush so I can concentrate on my next dress." The next dress was black with lace quarter sleeves and fitted around the waist. Xander looked at it and dismissed it with the comment. "Your shoulders are pretty." The next dress was white with a full skirt and silver decorations around the part that went off my shoulders. Xander and I agreed this was close but not quite the one that was meant for today. Not allowing me time to change the dress, Xander came up and kissed my shoulder from behind, then turned me around and kissed me on the lips. After he backed away, leaving us both breathless, we resumed picking my dress. The last dress was pale yellow. It had a full skirt as well, the top around the shoulders was pink and it had white cutout sleeves. Right under the pink strip was a tan bodice with a strip of gold and tan pattern running down the whole dress. A blue sash was pinned at the right shoulder and flowed diagonally down to my hip and then back up diagonally to my right shoulder. The tan and gold pattern split below my waist and opened up to show a pink skirt underneath. The crown was diamond and started out about one inch in height from the back and grew in height as the strips of diamond moved toward the front, until they were about ten inches high. I looked at Xander and the expression on his face confirmed that this was in fact the dress I should wear. After he recovered from his shock, we were off to the palace. We got to the palace and found his parents outside, waiting to meet us. "Mom, dad, how long have you been waiting out here to meet us?"

"That is not important my son, what is important is that you introduce us to this lovely lady, who I assume is your fiancée."

"Indeed, she is. Annabella, this is my father, King Henry, and my mother Queen Danielle. Mother, Father, this is Annabella, my fiancée."

"It is an honor to meet you both."

"It is our honor to meet you, Queen Annabella of the faeries." We talked until mealtime and I was preparing to leave when they asked me to stay and dine with them. I happily accepted and followed them to the dining room. Set out on the table was a feast that could feed hundreds. We all sat down and began to eat. After the meal was finished, we walked outside and I regrettably informed them I had to leave as I had business to attend to. They said sorrowful goodbyes and I flew off.