Chapter 5

A year later, Xander and I were finally getting married. I had picked out a long sleeve dress with long sleeves and at the tip of my shoulder, coming off the dress was a design that looked like swan feathers, with pink at the very tips of the wings. At the bottom of the bodice, there was also a swan feather design, but they were not pink at the tips. I had looked at many dresses but this time I didn't use magic, Queen Danielle showed me the designs of dresses she had in a book and I looked through them, until I came across the one I wound up choosing. It had caught my attention in a way none of the others could. After it was finished and I tried it on for the first time, I couldn't believe how wonderful I looked. Queen Danielle had braided my hair and wrapped it around my head like a halo. I also had my veil on, which had pearls randomly dispersed through it. Sitting in the front was a small white tiara with three small gems. The gems were pink, one at the top of the crown and the other two were evenly placed a short distance away on either side of the first. Finally, it was time for the wedding. I was given away by King Henry since I had no father to do so. I had been delighted when he had asked if he could, because I had no idea who I would ask. As we walked down the aisle, I only looked at Xander. He was dressed all in white with a silver crown. The crown was embellished with emeralds and I silently chuckled at how well it went with his eyes. When King Henry and I finally reached the alter, he gave me away and the ceremony proceeded. Finally, we reached my favorite part, the vows. Dear Annabella, here in front of all our friends and family, I take you to be my lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold, in sickness or health, to love and protect, to serve and cherish. I promise to never steal, lie or cheat, but if I must steal, then I hope to steal your sorrows, and if I must lie, I hope to lie with you in bed every night of our life together, and if I must cheat, I hope I cheat death so I may live longer with you. With this ring I thee wed not until death do us part, but for eternity. As I listened to Xander, recite his vows I felt the tears in my eyes, and all too soon it was my turn. Dear Xander, here before God I take you to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness or in health, to love and protect, and to serve and cherish. When I met you I didn't expect to fall in love with you or even to spend more than a day with you, but I found myself drawn to you and I could not walk away from someone who, in such little time, has made a big impact. I cannot imagine a day without you, so with this ring I thee wed not until death do us part but for eternity. After the wedding vows were recited and we were pronounced man and wife something strange happened to Xander and I. Xander was growing wings! Mine on the other hand were changing shape. The design was also changing. When the light faded from around us, we had matching wings. They had the most intricate designs I had ever seen on faeries. It was a beautiful change to behold. Xander and I traveled restoring peace between faeries and humans, and two years later, we were blessed with twins. A handsome boy named Geoff, and a beautiful girl named Jaqueline, or Jackie.