Chapter Two

The next morning I woke up really refreshed. I was on my way to my car and the wind was blowing, making the Texas air feel fresh. It was kind of chilly, with it being early November and all. I was wearing skinny jeans and a maroon shirt with "The 1975" stitched on the front. I had on a pair of white Nike's and my hair was straight, falling over my shoulders and down to my ribs. I felt casual and comfortable.

When I got to school, I found Lexa's car and parked next to it. She was sitting in the front seat, fixing her makeup. Demi, I noticed, was sitting in the passenger seat looking at a piece of paper - I'm assuming it was her schedule.

I slowly crept to the driver side window and hit the glass a few times really hard. They both jumped and a black streak appeared from the corner of Lexa's eye, over to meet the hairline near her temple.

She lowered her eyebrows and clenched her jaw, looking at me. I laughed and motioned for her to unlock the door. She closed her eyes and raised her eyebrows, turning to continue her makeup as if I wasn't even standing there.

Oh, I see how it is. Just wait, Lexa. You're forgetting that I have a spare key to everything in your life.

I opened the passenger door to my car and started digging through the glove department until I found the shiny key to my best friend's car. I shut the door and twirled it around my finger, waiting a few minutes to see if she'd notice.

She didn't, so I pressed the unlock button. Her head jerked to look at me and I could tell she forgot that I had a key. I hurriedly opened the door and she started giggling.

"Did you forget that you gave me a key?"

"Hey, give me that!" Lexa shrieked, snatching for the key.

I pulled it away quickly and hid it behind my back. "And what are you gonna do the next time you lock yourself out?" I asked. I heard Demi snicker and it gave me light butterflies in my stomach.

"Ugh, I hate you sometimes," Lexa groaned, perching herself back in the drivers seat.

"Oh, and nice wing by the way. I really like how it goes all the way up to your hair." I joked, leaning against her open door.

She turned to look at me, shaking her head. "Go away, loser."

We all giggled for a few seconds before Demi broke it up. "So, can one of you show me where my classes are? I don't want to wonder around like a lost puppy all day. I'd probably get lost or some shit," she said.

Me and Lexa shared a look but before I could say a word she blurted out, "Paige can! I'm still doing my makeup and if she stays here, she'll just annoy me."

I shot her a look and she just smirked. That little bitch, I thought. She just wants me to start liking her.

Demi opened her door and repositioned her clothes.
Okay, I have to admit, she looks really hot right now. And why did her laugh give me butterflies? Maybe it's just because she's really attractive and I haven't been around anyone of the sort, lately. Yeah ... that's why.

She was wearing black skinny jeans and a red loose-fitting tee with a leather jacket. Her hair was flowing in loose curls. She is really curvy and it's honestly so attractive, I noted. We exchanged smiles and I motioned for her to follow me.

Wow, I didn't realize how she short she is. Haha, it's kind of cute... I was expecting her to be a little taller than me.

She is to my forehead when we both stand straight up but then again I'm not very tall, either. And Lexa was right - she has this edginess to her. She has this care - free vibe and seems like someone you wouldn't want on your bad side.