Chapter Three

~ Paige's POV ~

The sound of upbeat music was loud in my ears as my team was warming up on the field. The bleachers were starting to fill up and I scanned my eyes across the crowd of people, looking for Nick and Lexa. There was no point in looking for my family, I knew they were there. Having a supportive family is something I'll forever be grateful for.

Ugh, they better show up. This is a really important game. We are playing against our rivals and this is always the biggest the game of the season. They can't miss it.

I took a jog around the field and the air felt really nice. The sun is starting to set, making the sky a beautiful mixture of blues, yellows, oranges and pinks. When a few of my teammates starting taking shots on me to get me warmed up, I heard a loud voice ring over the music, "WOO HOO GO PAIGE, THATS MY BEST FRIEND, YEAH!"

I giggled and searched the crowd for my annoying best friend. When I saw who was with her, my heart immediately started racing.

Demi? What is she doing here? I didn't know she was coming. Oh shittt, what if I mess up? Ugh it doesn't matter... just calm down, it'll be okay.

A million thoughts of embarrassing myself and her seeing it ran through my head. I know that it probably doesn't matter and she most likely wouldn't care but I still don't want to make a fool out of myself?

I snapped back into the now when a ball hit the side of my head. "Ow, what the fuck?" I scoffed, throwing my hands up in exasperation as I looked at my laughing teammate.

"You were spacing," she replied and I couldn't help but giggle at myself. "We've gotta get you warmed up."

"Alright, let's get this going," I said.

My motivation suddenly returned as I realized that this could actually be a chance to impress Demi. Not that it matters anyway, I noted as I dove to deflect a fast low ball.

~Demi's POV~

I've never been into sports ... like at all, but I just wanted a chance to get out of my house so I don't have to unpack. 

Plus, I want to see Paige play. Lexa and Nick told me she's a shoe-in for recruitment so I'm assuming she's really good.

When the game started, I immediately had my eye on Paige. The other team wasn't wasting any time and throughout the entire first half, the ball was on our side of field. Which apparently was a bad thing because Lexa and Nick kept exchanging curse words.

But they were right ... Paige was amazing. The other team has already taken atleast eight shots and she saved every one of them.

"Shit, that looks like it hurts," I said. Paige jumped for a ball that went soaring into the top right corner and tipped it over the crossbar, landing hard on the side of her body.

"What?" Lexa asked, turning toward me.

Only then did I realize I was on the left side of Lexa, which meant she couldn't really hear me.

"I said that it looks like that hurts." This time I turned so she could read my lips if she needed to.

"Oh yeah, it does. She doesn't like wearing padding because it weighs her down so she constantly has bruises on her hips and the side of her thighs. When she does parries like that, they always leave marks," Lexa replied, motioning to said parts of her body.

"Parries?" I asked, confused. I'm assuming it's the type of save she did but I wanted to make sure.

"Yeah, a parri. It's basically the save she just did where she pushed it away from the goal with her fingertips," Lexa replied.