The Heartless Jerk (1)

“Are you leaving already, Sumin?” Mrs. Lee asked her youngest daughter curiously, not really knowing the reason behind her sudden change. “Isn’t it a little too early?”

As far as she remembered, Sumin had never been the one leaving the house in time for school. Unlike her older sister. She always overslept which caused her trouble and, was always in hurry every morning.

“Neh, umma, can you give me my lunch-box please?”

“Oh, I almost forgot!”

Jimin was sitting at the couch, following her Mom with her gaze as she hurriedly walked into the kitchen.

“Unnie, aren’t you going to school today?”

Sumin’s voice made her turn her head towards her sister while smiling gently.

“I don't have a boyfriend to meet up before school you know.” Jimin said playfully as Sumin laughed.

“You’re no fun unnie!”

Just then, Mrs. Lee came back with both of their much-boxes in her hands and passed the first one to Sumin.

“Thanks umma. I’ll see after school. See you, unnie~"

“Bye!”

Mrs. Lee smiled gently at her little daughter as she left and closed the door behind her.

“Umma, I’m going to my room to get ready to school now.” Jimin said, got up from her place on the couch and went upstairs to her room.

Mrs. Lee couldn’t help but smile by the sight of her daughter. She was so alike her sister, yet so different.

***

“Isn’t she Lee Sumin’s older sister?”

“No way! It can’t be, look at how she’s dressed. Impossible.”

Jimin looked back and saw two girls from her school staring at her. As if she was an alien. But she wasn’t surprised, I mean, this wasn’t her first time hearing these kind of comments from people. She didn’t really blame them anyway, like, look at her. She, herself, wouldn’t believe she was Lee Sumin’s older sister if she was them. And it was all because of her sense of fashion.

Everyone knew who Lee Sumin is. She’s one of the most popular pupils in Seoul High School. She’s known for being really pretty with her large eyes and kind-hearted towards everyone. 

And Jimin… Who is she? People might ask.

The reactions when they know she’s no other than Sumin’s sister are always them same. Shocked.

What Jimin hated the most was how important it was to look good in front of other people, especially if you are a girl. You have to impress people with your looks and it gets even worse when you’re in high school.

Jimin’s body shape was nowhere near as perfect as Sumin’s. She was a little curvy, unlike most of the other girls at her age, well, at least in her school. She wasn’t as tall as Sumin. Jimin never wore make-up because 1. they smell really, like really, bad 2. she feels uncomfortable wearing make-up, it makes her feel like a doll 3. she, well, just don’t want to

She looked down at herself, not really knowing why people kept staring at her. She was dressed pretty normal, today. A pair of skinny jeans and a white hoodie with a cute cat on it. She also had her large pair of glasses she couldn’t live without. She didn’t mind having those on, it wasn’t like no one knew she was kind of a nerd anyway.