nine

"You two know each other?" Harry asked, furrowing his brows in confusion.

   "Go to your room," his Mum demanded.

   "But-"

   "Please," Louis said meekly, looking towards him.

   Without another word, but an eye roll to show his annoyance, he went upstairs, only enough to be out of sight from them, staying right at the top to listen.

Anne waited for him to be gone before crossing her arms and furrowing her brows. "I don't know what to say," she said in a low tone.

"M-Ms. Anne, I..I'm really sorry.."

"That's my son you've been talking about in our sessions," she said a bit louder, almost as a quiet yell.

   Louis nodded and looked down, beginning to fumble with his fingers. "I know that now. I didn't then. I..I'm so embarrassed. I really am. I've told you way too much in our sessions about how I think of him.." He thought back on the few times he had brought Harry up in sessions with his mother without actually mentioning it was Harry. His cheeks burned as he remembered telling her how he was obsessed with her son and loved him with every ounce he had.

   She stayed quiet for a few seconds. The silence lasted too long for Louis to stay calm. He looked up at her, tears in his eyes, before she then started to speak. "I think you should go, Louis. And..get a new therapist. I'll even look up a few of the best for you that your aid will still cover."

The tears that had collected on the rim of his eye began to finally fall down his cheeks. "N-No, p-please, Ms. Anne. I'm sorry. You're helping me out. Nobody has ever actually helped me before I started seeing you. Please." He wiped his tears. "I'll be good. I won't talk about Harry anymore. Just please, I need to see him."

"I'm sorry, Louis. It's just the best thing for you."

His heart was telling him to grab the nearest object and throw it at her, to yell and scream, but his mind knew it wouldn't make matters any better, and right now, it seemed like he would have to be on his best behaviour before being able to see Harry again besides at the animal shelter, and maybe not even that because of the possibility on getting a new therapist. Instead, he just nodded and mumbled a quiet, "Yes ma'am," before heading out the door to his vehicle.

   Harry, hearing the sound of a door opening and closing, went back to his room in shock.

   Anne let out a loud sigh, taking a deep breath before going upstairs to her son's room, knocking on his door upon entering. "Hey..," she said softly. Harry laid on his bed with his back towards her, facing the wall. "I just-"

   "No. I heard it. I don't want to talk about it," Harry said lowly, cutting her off.

   She nodded slowly and walked out, letting the soft click of the door closing act as a confirmation she was out.

   Harry sensed there was something between him and Louis, like they were both crushing but too shy to admit it to each other, maybe. Somehow, he couldn't understand fully. Hearing the conversation that happened downstairs confused him beyond belief, but in a way he almost understood. There wasn't a reason to be mad, but it was an anger that took over him uncontrollably.

After a few minutes of thinking, he began hearing little taps from somewhere in his room. He'd go to turn his back, but the noise would stop when he did, but come back after looking away. Finally, after repeating that pattern for a while, he got up and began searching, which didn't last long after seeing some sort of motion from his window. Slowly, he walked towards it. When he opened it and stuck his head out, before he could look around to observe, something small and solid hit his forehead. He stepped back, letting out a hiss of pain while rubbing his forehead.

"Shit. Harry, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Come back, please, it's just me," he could hear Louis say.

Harry walked back towards the window, with more caution this time, and looked down at the boy two stories below him.

Louis stared up at Harry with a small smile. "I'm really sorry. I just meant to get your attention, not hit you with a rock."

"Well, you did," Harry mumbled, rubbing over his forehead again.

"I'm so sorry.." Louis started chewing on his lip for a second before speaking again. "I just wanted to tell you-"

"Tell me what?"

Louis stood quiet for a few seconds, slightly shocked at Harry's tone, since in all the time they've talked, he's been gentle and not one to interrupt.

"Just t-to tell you I'm sorry I can't stay over tonight." Louis looked down, knowing he couldn't stay over any night, or maybe even never see Harry again.

"You could've just texted me instead of possibly breaking my window and forehead."

   "I -" Louis looked off to the side and shrugged. "Yeah, I suppose I could've."

   "Okay. Well. I'm tired. Goodnight," Harry said without a wave of change in his tone, and began closing his window.

   "Wait! Come back."

   Harry stuck his head back out, raising one of his eyebrows. "What?"

   Louis opened his mouth to say something but shook his head. "Nothing. I'm sorry. Goodnight, Harry," he said very dull like then walked off.

[a/n] ; um lol my updates take forever sorryyy...

I pretty much wrote this whole chapter once and it was gonna be cute and stuff I think but then I realised it wasn't leaning toward the direction I wanted the story to go in, I guess?

Anygays, this chapter was short and kinda sucked but maybe it'll get better, I think. Gimme feedback (if you want). Love y'all