four

Another week had passed before Louis stepped foot into the shelter. Harry wondered if this was going to be some sort of pattern; Louis comes in, does something to leave Harry speechless with blushy cheeks, then leave for a week only to do the same thing. Though both times it had happened felt good in a indescribable way, Harry wanted more, and by more, he just wanted to see the lad more than once a week to maybe at least form a friendship.

"Hi, Harry!" Louis said as he bounced in the shelter with a smile on his face.

Harry smiled when he heard his voice. "Hey. Still wanna look at the cats?"

Louis nodded and began making his way towards the caged cat room.

"Nuh, back here this time," Harry said, making his way to another door.

Louis furrowed his brows but followed Harry into the room. It was the cat play room; a fairly small room, filled with cat toys and obstacles, and cats of course, a lot of them.

"You haven't really been seeing any you liked in there," Harry said, nodding his head in the direction towards the cage room, "so I thought maybe you could just come in here and see them. Their personalities are more recognised in here than in there."

"That's understandable. If I was locked up, I probably wouldn't be myself either," Louis said, quietly chuckling to himself, but the small smile on his face didn't stay much longer after that.

Harry looked at him for a couple seconds before looking back down towards the cats brushing up against his legs. "Yeah, I try not to keep them in there too long and switch them out sorta often. It's not healthy for them, you know?" Carefully, he bent down until he sat, legs crossed, on the floor. Cats seemed to swarm him, meowing in all different pitches.

Louis quietly laughed, copying Harry's action. "They love you." He petted a few cats that came his way.

"And I love them." Harry smiled, quietly giggling. Louis bit his bottom lip softly, watching the other boy with awe. "Do you have any pets at home?"

Louis stayed quiet until Harry looked up and away from the cats around him.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I asked if you had any pets at home."

"Oh." Louis reddened. "No, not now. My sisters are all wanting one though, so I'm looking for 'em."

"That's sweet." Harry smiled. "How many sisters do you have?"

"Just four younger ones, right now."

"Gee, that's a lot. I've only got the one, but she moved out a couple years ago," Harry said, picking up one of the cats and holding it close to his chest.

"I wish I could have that sort of quiet. I love my siblings, but they never shut up. It's always loud."

Harry shrugged. "I think that'd be kind of nice. It's only me and my Mum at home. Kinda lonely and boring."

"You can still be lonely and bored with a house full of girls, believe it or not."

Harry shrugged again, the both of them staying quiet for a couple of minutes.

They continued chatting with each other and playing with the cats. The room was filled with meows and purrs along with quiet giggles from each of the boys. It was going good until the phone in Louis' pocket started going off. He grabbed it out, hitting the screen a couple times with his thumb and sighed. "I have to go." He carefully pulled the cats that were on him off and stood up.

"So soon?" Harry asked, looking up.

   Louis looked back down at him. He looked beautiful, especially at that level, with his big, green eyes staring up into his. He pouted like a child, holding on the cats around him closer. Louis nodded. "Today was nice. Thank you. See you next week?"

   "Next week?" Louis nodded. "Why a whole week?"

   "I'm not from here," Louis said quietly.

   "Oh." Harry nodded then stood up slowly, which forced a cat off his lap. "I kinda thought so."

   "Yeah, couple hours from here. I only come around once a week."

   "Why?

   Louis glanced off to the side. "I'm gonna be late. See you later." And with that, he rushed out the door, leaving Harry standing there alone, besides the cats that were once again pooling around his feet, confused.

[a/n] ; I haven't updated since July haha damn. Sorry, I'm hoping to get back into it.