Chapter 1

Ava's P.O.V.

     I woke up to a slightly cloudy day in Rochester, Minnesota. Ugh. Just another day in hell. I thought. It's always cold here and I never get to do anything. I then proceeded to roll off my bed and slip on a shirt laying on my floor. "Ah!" I screeched and fell on my butt. Well that's just great. I think to myself as I get up. While walking aver to my closet, I grab my phone off my nightstand and begin playing music. Fall Out Boy is my favorite band, and I can never get tired of listening to them. I look at the set of clothes I picked out for today, and grabbed my shirt. It was a simple gray tee with 'Nope.' written across the front. I the. grabbed my black skinny jeans and slipped into them, as well as my black vans.

     After getting all my clothes on, I walked across the hallway to my bathroom where I did my hair. It was already wavy, because I slept on it wet, so I just did two braids and pulled it back. Then I saw my beanie laying on the counter and put it on. Looks good. Done with hair! I put on a simple black necklace as well, (it's a choker) and then put on some red lip stick for a pop of color. Done!  I thought and walked downstairs to get breakfast. 

     As I walked down the stairs, my little brother, Isaac, came bounding down after me. 

     "Ava! We get pancakes for breakfast today!" He chimed as he ran past me. 

     "Oh fun! You eat a couple extra for me. Okay?" I requested and I chuckled slightly to myself. "Okay!" He beamed and began eating. "Well I am off to school, gotta go wait in the front for Rae to pick me up! See y'all later!" I yelled into the dining room, as I grabbed an apple, my backpack, and my sunglasses. No body answered me so I took it as an okay and went to my front porch and saw on the steps. I pulled out my phone and plugged in my headphones. I put them in and began playing more Fall Out Boy. I slipped my sunglasses over my emerald eyes and lay back listening to my music. 

     After about 5 minutes of listening to music, I was startled by a loud honk and fell off of the porch. I looked up to see Raelyn in her car laughing with her little sister Kelsey in the back seat giggling as well. I scowled and grabbed my bag, and threw my apple core into the trash can. I got into the passenger seat and Rae turned to me and said, "That's the second time in the last twenty minutes." I turned to her with a confused look on my face. "What do you mean?" I questioned. "You slipped and fell out of your bed Ava." She said and backed out of the driveway. "Damn, you saw that?" I asked and chuckled to myself at my own stupidity. "Yep!" She chirped and smiled brightly. I scoffed and turned on the car radio. I found a good song and left it. 

     Rae took Kelsey to her pre-school and dropped her off while I waited in the car. Normally, I'd go in and bring Isaac too because he goes here too. Today was different however, because my dad was bringing him for career day, which happened to be today, therefore, I was a free woman. Rae ran across the street to the car and drove to our school. "Ready?" She asked. "Nope." I replied. "Come on, we have to." She insisted. "Yea, yea, I know." I grumbled and got out of the car. I walked into the building and got some weird looks from people before I remembered I was wearing sunglasses. I quickly took them off and hung them on my shirt and continued walking. 

     Once I got to my locker, me and Rae had already gone our separate ways. As I was getting my history books from my locker, I felt someone bump into me. I turned around and saw none other than Thomas Rodgers, student council president and my crush. "Sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going. It's Ava isn't it? Your name I mean." He said. "Uh, yeah it is. No worries, we all have those days." I said, "Me more than others." I muttered that part. Thomas chuckled and said, "Well, I will see you later at the Stu-Co meeting right?" He then waved and walked away. "Yep! See you then!" I called after him. I turned back to my locker and closed it then I walked to my first period, history.