Chapter 3

Ava's P.O.V.

     I leaned against my front door for a few minutes thinking about today. Today was the first time Thomas had ever talked to me, besides student council of course, but he was always talking to everyone there. Never just me. Wow. I thought. He was so kind. He just voluntarily gave me a ride home too. I gotta tell Rae. I thought. I pulled out my phone and texted her.

A: Thomas gave me a ride home.

R: Awesome! I saw Josh at the rink today, he's been really nice to me all day.

A: Same with Thomas. I have to admit, it's kinda weird. Don't you think? I mean just out of the blue, they started talking to us. Odd, but nice.

R: I totally understand what you mean.

A: You always do! :) Anyways, I have to go. Volleyball. TTYL!

R: Bye!

     I went up to my room and put my school bag down, and looked at the time. 5:23. Well, I have time for a snack before I have to leave to get to volleyball by six...might just have a granola bar. I got changed and went back downstairs with my volleyball bag. I saw Isaac and Kelsey playing in the living room and smiled to myself. They're totally gonna date someday. I thought. I grabbed a honey and oats bar from the cabinet and walked to my car. I got in, ate my granola, and turned on the car. Before I pulled out of the driveway, I decided to put Thomas' number in my phone. Then I decided to text him before I left.

A: Hey Thomas, its Ava Richardsen, just wanted to say hey. :)

     I then set my phone in the cup holder next to me and pulled out of the driveway. Once I arrived at the gym, I grabbed my bag and phone and went inside. I saw my coach, Steve, and some of my team already there, practicing before we actually started doing drills. I quickly set my stuff down and slipped on my volleyball shoes and got to work.

     Two and a half hours later, we were done with practice for the night. I said my goodbyes to the team and got into my car to drive back home. I stopped at Taco Bell on the way, because, I need food. While I was sitting in the parking lot of the Walmart across the street, I decided to check my phone. Thomas texted back.

T: Hey Ava!  How's it going?

     I smiled to myself and replied,

A: It's going good I'd say. Just finished with volleyball practice. How about you?

     I finished my food and left the parking lot. By the time I got home it was around 9:30. I silently crept upstairs and started a shower. After I was finished, I put my hair into a loose bun on top of my head to create some loose waves for tomorrow. I crawled into bed and laid my head down on the pillow. I checked my phone one last time before I went to sleep, the time was 10:47 and no unread texts. Oh well. He'll text later. I thought. I slowly drifted off into a deep and peaceful sleep.

     I woke up the next morning and got out of bed. I walked over to my closet and picked out a long-sleeved shirt with London written on the front. I then pulled a pair of blue skinny jeans out of my dresser and put both items on. I then put on my black combat boots and went to the bathroom. I took my hair out of the bun and let it down. The waves looked nice, but I touched them up with some scrunch-spray and dry shampoo. I then looked in my accessories drawer and found a black flower crown and put it on as well as putting a silver arrow bracelet on my wrist. I looked at myself and thought I looked good, so I walked back to my room to get my stuff. I grabbed my backpack and phone and went downstairs and grabbed a banana. I walked out the front door to see Isaac waiting for me on the front step. "Ready little buddy?" I asked and ruffled his sandy blonde hair. He swatted my had away as he smiled and ran to my blue, 2016 Jeep Wrangler, which I got this year for my 17th birthday. Isaac hopped into the car and I got in the front and started the car. "Buckled?" I asked. "Yep!" Isaac replied. I put on my seatbelt and drove over to Rae's house and picked her and Kelsey up.