Call me Daddy

3 Years Ago.

It was a bright, scorching day in August, and the clocks were striking thirteen. That was when everything changed. I was laying on the freshly cut grass while the sickening smell invaded my nostrils. A recognizable ping led me to hunt for my phone in the maze that was my new, limited edition Prada bag.

-'Poor Queen Bee. While she is enjoying the Australian sunlight, her boyfriend is enjoying another woman's mouth. Or should I say Ex boyfriend?'

Present.

"Did you guys see? On 'NorthWood Rumors', they said a Sex God is coming and he is starting tomorrow!" Lola, one of my best friends announces.

All of a sudden, Lola shrieks and a annoyed expression replaces her million dollar smile.

"What did you do that for Mere?!"

"You know why!"

Trying to go unnoticed,  Meredith steals a glance from me and a sigh escapes my lips.

"Guys, you are allowed to talk about NorthWood Rumors around me.... What happened in the past stays in the past. I could care less if I found out about Testicle Theo cheating on me via a stupid gossip app."

My best friends give me a pitiful look which is sweet of them, but extremely annoying.

Don't get me wrong, I love them too bits. They took me under their wing after I lost everything. Not only did I lose my boyfriend that winter, oh no. I lost my father, best friend, home and popularity. To add to this, I lost my happiness.

One of the hardest things to do is to fake a smile but I am a pretty good actress if I do say so myself.

Sometimes I feel bad about lying, but honestly, without it, I would not be sane. Without lies, I would be the next in line in the queue of the....

All of a sudden, Meredith interrupts me from my train of thoughts, "Sydney! You are doing it again. What do you day dream about anyways?"

"Umm... Nothing..."

There it is again, the repetitive lies.

"Whatever. Right now I look like crap and it's it's nothing a good night's sleep can't fix. Whoever this guy is, I call dibs on by the way," faintly, Lola chuckles.

To add to my lies, I keep secrets. Secrets that not even my best friends know. 

☟☟☟

"Mr. Williams? You called for me?" Hesitantly, I hum while setting foot into the principals office. My eyes skim around the polished antiques scattered around the room and a small, out of place bobble head on the desk catches my attention. My eyes lock on a little Hawaiian girl with multicolored hair who sways her hips very time someone moves the desk.

"Sydney, please take a seat. I want to discuss something with you?" the principal purrs and I instantly know he wants something from me as he is not using his typical harsh tone. "As you have probably heard, there is a new pupil coming into NorthWood High. A student was expelled a couple of weeks ago because she had committed various of crimes. One being, causing detriment to school property; including her locker..."

Please don't say what I think you are going to say. Please don't say what I think you are going to say.

"As the school funds are not exactly what we would call appealing, we do not have the money at the moment to pay for it to be fixed. The girl's parents being the best lawyers in town, meaning she is most likely getting away with it... Anyway, that is not the point. The point is, I was wondering if you would be willing to share your locker with the new student?"