The Love Note

Victoria's P.O.V.

"Over here!" called Maddie. It was lunch the next day. I walked over to her table after I bought my lunch. She looked excited about something. "Guess what?" she said.

"Your butt," I replied.

"I'm serious!" she exclaimed.

"Fine, tell me." She handed me a folded piece of paper. It read:

Victoria,

Do you like me? Circle yes or no

-Cody

I quickly circled yes.

"He handed it to me today in english and told me to give it to you," she explained.

"You have next period with him, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, study hall," she replied.

"Can you give it to him then?" I asked. She nodded. Just then, the bell rang. I grabbed my bag, slung it over my shoulder, and hurried off to geography.

Maddie's P.O.V.

As I walked to the library, I shoved my hand in my bag, searching for the note. My hand touched my books, pencils, and some gum, but it couldn't find the note. When I got to the library, I signed in and sat down. I dumped my the contents of my bag on a table and looked through the pile of stuff. I couldn't find the note. I tried to think if I had actually put it in my bag. Victoria had circled yes, then handed it to me. I set it on my lunch tray- I smacked my forehead. It must have been on my lunch tray! Which meant that I had thrown it away by mistake. Someone sat next to me. It was Cody.

"Did she reply?" he asked nervously.

"Erm," I said. "Well..." before I could explain, he interrupted me.

"I get it," he said, grabbing his stuff and standing up. "She's not in to me. I'll just leave."

"Wait!" I exclaimed, but he was already too far away to hear me.