Chapter 5

Friends didn't sleep together, especially not the ones who just met. Not when they were the opposite gender of one another. So I woke up next to Harry, and he had his heavy arm resting on my stomach. I guess we accidentally fell asleep when we were talking last night. It was probably bound to happen anyway since we were both tired at the time, so I didn't mind.

Harry looked adorable sleeping. His face was turned directly to me and his mouth was slightly open, and he was breathing lightly. His face was relaxed. I kept staring at his eyelids to see if his eyes moved underneath to give me a sign that he was pretending to be asleep.

But nothing.

"Good morning, Harry." I said. "Good morning, Elina." I answered myself in a deep and accented voice that was supposed to sound like Harry but didn't. "Can you please remove your arm from me? I need to pee." I lifted his arm carefully. "Okay." I moved away and gently placed his arm back down before walking away. "I'll be right back." I whispered, patting his hand. "Make me a sandwich, El." I scowled at myself as I walked to the door. "Make your own sandwich, gosh."

"I would never ask you to do that for me. I think I'm perfectly capable of making a sandwich for myself." I almost screamed at Harry's sudden response behind me groggily, mostly because of embarrassment. I turned around to see him looking at me sleepily and then he yawned, stretching his arms.

"Did you hear...all of that?" I felt my entire face and ears heat up as I nervously looked at the carpeted floor below me.

"I started waking up when you lifted my arm and the rest I heard. But before that, I thought I was just hearing things." he answered, chuckling. "You're blushing."

"No, I'm not." I was. I could feel it. I quickly left the room as Harry started laughing. I shouldn't have talked to myself in front of him but I thought he wouldn't wake up anytime soon.

Downstairs, I walked into the kitchen and my eyes automatically landed on the clock that hung above the window. It was, surprisingly, two in the afternoon. I went to the sink first to look out the window. It was yet another seemingly warm day and the sun was out. I moved away and went to open the cupboard, grabbing two mugs out of it.

First, I filled water in the mug that was Harry's before pouring tea in mine. As I was doing that, my auntie Jodie entered the kitchen and went straight for the coffee maker that was near the sink as we cast smiles to each other. She was always in a good mood unlike my mom could ever be. My mug was already full of tea so I put the teapot back on the counter and turned to Jodie, who was pouring coffee in a mug that she got from the cupboard.

She glanced at me. "I heard you coming in before seven o'clock. Did you go out?"

"Yes, for a while." I said, grabbing the mugs.

"Who's the other cup for?" she asked. For a second I thought she was suspicious but her next words relieved me. "Your mom?"

"No, it's for me. I get really thirsty sometimes." I lied, trying to sound casual. What would she say if I told her Harry was here---that he slept in my room for the night---on my bed---with me? She would most likely give me a lecture.

"If you say so." she said.

I quickly left the kitchen.

Leading my way upstairs, I let out a light sigh of relief. I smiled knowing that Jodie fell for it. If she didn't, I would have been grounded for months. She wouldn't let me out of her sight even. She's just that protective. Unless she would meet Harry, he can prove that he's a nice guy. Is he? Of course he is. He was there to protect me at a time I couldn't handle, alone. I smiled at the thought of it.

I walked back into my room, seeing Harry in one of my shirts. A sweater I should say.

I gasped so loudly that Harry jumped in the air, almost reaching the ceiling, as his curls instantly straightened and his mouth widened. "Uh, what are you doing?" 

"Oh, you know, platypus hunting." He said sarcastically. "Nah, I'm kidding, I saw this and it looked like it could fit me, and I was right." He smiled so widely as if a kid just won a big teddy bear at a carnival, which I thought was cute. I giggled it off, placing the mugs on my bedside table. 

Harry stood in front of the mirror, smiling at the sight of himself. And it literally took me every muscle in my body to keep me from laughing so hard almost the entire neighbourhood could hear me. But unfortunately, I found myself clutching onto my stomach with a ridiculous expression on my face. I was laughing. 

"Harry," I laughed. "You should know," I breathed. "You look like a child right now." 

"Ouch, that hurts!" He scoffed, holding onto the right side of his chest. And I laughed even more, knowing he did that on purpose. 

"Yeah, I know I look like a child." He chuckled, seating himself at the foot of my bed. He motioned me to pass him his cup. I picked up a mug without looking, and I passed it to him. He gladly took it, immediately taking a sip.

"Just 'cause I'm British, doesn't mean I always have to drink tea."

 My eyes widened at his words. I immediately took the mug from his hands, and grabbing the other from the bedside table. I passed it to him and flashed a smile. 

"That's mine."

Moments had passed, we were finished our drinks. But silence fell upon us. All you could hear was us breathing. We glanced at each other from time to time, which sort of made it awkward. But I guess that was normal, I mean, he is a boy, and I am a girl. Boy and girl, plus room, equals no good. I took a moment to calm myself down, which sort of helped, I convinced myself that we were just friends. Friends only.

"Elina," He interrupted my thoughts. 

"You're wearing the necklace." 

And the most beautiful smile I've ever seen in my entire life formed on his lips.