Chapter 2 - Where Did it All Go Wrong?

Author's Note:  Uhm just wanted to put it out there that most of the italicized sentences will be like our 'present' Travis' narration from here on out. Thanks! <3 Also special thanks to @YrooXrxvi again for editing!

Chapter 2

Where did it all go wrong?

-- Nearly 30 years ago ---

Known to kill on sight...

A young demon boy panted, looking left and right as he sneakily climbed over a school gate, gripping onto the bars with his white gloved hands.

Destruction following his every step...

The little turquoise hexagon headed dream demon ran away from the building, his foot splashing into a puddle before carrying on to keep running.

I don't remember my brother as clearly as I should.

"Leroi, Leroi, Leroi!" The young demon cried as he weaved through the tightly packed crowd crossing the street. Ducking under briefcases and even pairs of legs as he panted, a big grin on his little face.

Then again, I haven't seen him in over twenty years.

The 8 year old boy whimpered. "Excuse me!" he squeaked as he nearly bumped into a demon nearly twice his size, turning and squeezing himself around the latter before continuing to run.

I never knew he would go missing. I never even thought of the possibility...

He panted, nearly stumbling over his own feet as he pushed himself out of the crowd and onto the sidewalk. He looked back at the wide street he had crossed then chuckled,turning to start running along the sidewalk. "Leroooii!" he yelled.

But one thing's for sure...

"Exactly. I don't understand why I have to- oof...!~" a dark red curved diamond headed demon blinked as a small pair of arms wrapped itself around his waist. He lifted an arm to look down at the creature that had grabbed him only to chuckle and smile.

 He lifted an arm to look down at the creature that had grabbed him only to chuckle and smile

He wasn't always like this.

"Travis?" he put a hand on the young demon's head. "Heh~ Trav what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?"

"School's boring, Leroi!" Travis whined, hugging his brother tighter. "I want to spend the day with you!"

Leroi rolled his eye with a smile. "That's sweet but really, bro." he picked the little boy up, letting him hang unto his shoulders and sit on his arm. "You shouldn't skip school. It isn't good."

"I don't care. You're funner! And you teach me. So you're kinda like a better school." Travis grinned mischievously.

"Ha ha~" Leroi faked a laugh. "Funner isn't a word, Travis."