Chapter 1 - Rumors

Author's Note: SO here's the story I guess! Special thanks to @YrooXrxvi and @ninjaomnom123 (oninstragram) cuz they helped edit and revise. 

Chapter 1 - Rumors

One chilly but calm evening, in a demon filled dimension, existing in a strange universe, that one may find interesting...

"Aw come on mate, I had a fouled hand!" A turquoise hexagon demon with an unusually large blue bowtie cried, slapping his cards unto the casino's rounded table. "Shuffle the deck better, Caelum!" he yelled at the demon seated beside him. "The second time in a row..." He mumbled, looking to the side.

"You come on, Travis. You haven't even doubled-up yet, mate, unlike me. You're not in much trouble." The winged demon, who went by the name Caelum, rolled his eye.

"Clam down, Travy...~" a lady shape demon said softly. She was seated on Travis' lap, an arm wrapped around him.

Travis grinned and chuckled. "Sorry, love..." He said sweetly.

"Alright, pay up, suckers!" The winning demon at the other side of the table grinned wide. "Better luck next time fellas." He said without much care.

Travis shoved his chips across the table then slapped his signature smirk back on. "Alright. One last round. I ain't down to the felt just yet, Omega...!" He said to the former.

Omega chuckled. "Ya interested in gettin' that lose count ta three, Trav?"

"Hah! In your dreams!" Travis scoffed. "Let's see who'll be wearin' the smirk when I'm done with ya, bud."

"Travy, could you buy the lady a drink? I'm parched, darling..." The lady on Travis' lap sighed, petting and playing with his bowtie.

"Oh of course, babydoll. Just wait here, m'darling." Travis said, giving her a flirtatious grin. The lady giggled, blushing.

"'Kay... hold on guys. I'll be right back." He said to his friends before leaving them there and getting up to fetch a drink from the bar counter.

"My word, m'lady. You do look very ravishing tonight, love." He said to the lady at the bar serving the drinks.

The fuchsia demon blushed and smiled at him. "Not too bad looking yerself...!" She giggled. "What can I get ya?" she asked, waiting for a request.

"Anything ya think ya might satisfy a guy like me here, dearie." Travis said with a 'wink'.

"Alright. One drink comin' up, Travis." She replied, turning to prepare the drink.

Travis sighed and sat back, falling silent.

The lady at the bar then decided to speak up. "Travis... Is your last name really Matley...?" She asked.

"Yeah. Travis Matley. What's wrong with being a Matley?"

"Oh it's nothing much really. There's just been word going around that there's a Matley demon from round here that dimension jumped. He's quite the dangerous fella. People here are bein' warned, hun. Haven't you?" she said with a concerned tone.

"N-No... I-I can't say I have, miss." Travis blinked, his smirk fading.

"The dimension jumping demon is known to kill on sight and has been found messing with different dimensions too. He's ruthless. Merciless. Destruction follows his every step. That guy... isn't... you... is it?"

"Of course not, m'lady! I would never do such things, especially not in a world where such a beautiful lady like you can exist..." He purred, hiding his concern with a chuckle.

The lady blushed. "Travis, you playboy. You know I don't do romance." She chuckled.

"That's too bad. I bet tons of guys would want to take you out. I know I would." He winked.

She huffed. "Travis, you say that to every girl you meet."

"Oh? I don't recall anything like that, love." He chuckled then paused. "Erm... You don't happen to know the first name of this... other Matley... do you...?"

"I can't say I do, sugar. But I do believe he was called uhm... what was it?" she tapped her chin. "Larry? No... Leo?... Levi?"

"... Leroi." Travis said, looking to the side.

"Leroi! Yes, that's it, hun. Leroi Matley." The lady nodded. "Funny you two have the same last name. You think you're related in any way?"

"... I..." he shook his head, snapping out of his small trance. "I'm sure it's just a coincidence." He smiled. "Thanks for the info, sweet cheeks. I'll keep a look out."

The lady nodded, handing him the drink she prepared. "Here you are."

"Thank you." He said politely, taking the drink.

Travis walked slowly, as if lost in thought. He returned to the table and put the drink down for the young woman he was with. "Here, love, for you." He said, smiling softly. "Though, I do feel a little... tired... I might as well head home."

"So soon, Trav? We haven't even reached the fun part of our night, Trav...!" Omega said in disappointment.

Travis shook his head. "Maybe next time fellas. Have fun without me..." He chuckled. "... But not too much fun." He added, straightening his bowtie. He blew a kiss to the young woman and grinned before walking to the door and exited the casino.

...

Slam!

He hadn't meant to close the door to his apartment that loud...

Travis gripped his head with two hands, his pupil contracted. He breathed heavily as he shut his eye tight. "No..." he mumbled. "It... It can't be true..." he denied, stumbling over to his bed. He let himself fall onto it, laying flat on his back and staring at the ceiling. "Maybe... No... Yes... Urrg." he conflicted with himself, grunting and bringing a hand to clutch onto his navy blue fedora.

"After all these years..." He paused to chuckle as salty tears filled in his one eye. "Heheh...~ Finally!" Travis said, his mouth curving into a smile. "I actually have a lead...!"