Chapter 57

"Words become more than words when one feels them into existence. You, like god's fingerprints in an infants soul, are written in me. So, too, are the words I feel for you."

- Christopher Poindexter

Aflame - Chapter 57

(Misses Greyson's P.O.V.)

*Ring*...

*Ring*...

"Really, Paige?" I huff as I have my phone to my ear, hiding behind the walls of the hospital just to make sure that she is alright. "C'mon, pick up your phone!"

I whisper to myself in a worrying tone.

I know sometimes she doesn't answer her phone, but she always calls back. And I've tried for two days now and she still hasn't got back into contact with me.

The worry starts taking a hold of me. 

I know she told me not to worry about her, but how can I not?

She's my daughter.

My only daughter.

And the only reason why I'm this crazy about her safety is because of the events of last year.

I know I shouldn't think that way, I should believe that things will get better.

But I can't help these bad vibes that has been dwelling around with me for a while now.

I've even told her about it, but she just kept telling me to not worry.

I'm trying...

I am.

I finally take the phone away from my ear after the third phone call.

I hold it in my hand and press the "end call" button.

I let out a breath as I shut my eyes and place my hand to my forehead.

I guess it's back to work for now, I'll try again later.

I put my phone away as I make my way around the wall that I have been hiding behind and I get a sudden surprise as one of the doctors are walking up to me.

"Oh, there you are." Doctor Evans mentions as he smiles amiably at me, holding a clipboard in his hand. "Somebody is here to see you."

"Me?"

Is it Paige?

Oh, if it is her, then thank God.

A bit of relief falls from me as I let out a breath and a small smile forms onto my lips.

"Yes, we told him that the other nurses could help him, but he was persistent in getting you to help him."

I furrow my brow in confusion as I watch the doctors' brown eyes.

"Him?"

So, it's not Paige...

Then... Who could it be?

All of a sudden, I notice someone walking up to us from behind Doctor Evans.

"Misses Greyson," He mentions as I couldn't hide the shock on my face to seeing him look this way. Usually he's all prim'n'proper, but now... "I'm so glad you're here."

"Aren't you Paige's professor? Professor Christians?"

He smirks at me for a while before finally letting out.