Chapter 70

Aflame - Chapter 70

(Becky's P.O.V.)

"I still can't believe that you're going to do this."

I watch as Justin is busy in the kitchen with whatever he is busy with as I keep looking out to the door. Waiting on that knock that would be heard, letting us know that the devil is by the door.

Justin just smirks over at me before letting out a breath.

"This will go swell."

"Swell? Nobody even uses that word anymore."

Just then, I hear a knock on the door and my heart races as Justin wastes no time to make a run for it.

I quickly get up to my feet as I have no idea how this is going to go, I don't trust Justin.

I mean, I do, generally. But not in things like this, things that are meant to be some sort of a surprise with our rivaled enemy.

"Welcome guys!"

"Guys?"

I let out in bafflement as I see how Justin greets whoever it is at the door with much enthusiasm as I notice that it is Holly and Blake. My brows lift in a surprise as I watch them walk through until where I am at.

"Holly and Blake? What are you guys doing here?"

I question as I watch them in confusion and then my eyes lands onto Justin who is walking behind them.

"Well, it's nice to see you too, Becks."

Holly lets out in a very sarcastic tone of voice as Justin then finally speaks up.

"We are gathered here today-"

"Okay before you go on, can I just tell her?"

Holly speaks up as Justin doesn't look too happy at her cutting him off from saying whatever bogus thing he was about to say. I notice that Blake is awfully quiet, I wonder why... It looks as though he has a lot going on in his mind as he is sat there on the couch. I couldn't help but wonder back to the moment before we found out that he was a secret 'agent' for Christians... Could he still be working for him? No, he wouldn't do that to us again, would he?

"Sure, just go for it." Justin lets out as he waves his hands around as Holly walks around him. "It's not like I had a speech written down or anything." Justin rolls his eyes as he then sits down beside me as I notice something falling out of his shirt pocket. I furrow my brow as I notice that it is a piece of paper as I pick it from the ground. It has the words 'Speech' written on it, but before I could read it, Justin snatches it from my hand. "M-my grocery list!" He says too excitedly. "Can't lose that, ha-ha."

He chuckles a bit too loudly as he then shoves it back into his shirt pocket and sucks his lips in as he keeps his eyes on the ground instead.

I notice the amusement on Blake's face as we all know that he clearly wanted to lay it on us, but his little bubble got busted before he could.

"Becky," My attention is then set onto Holly as she mentions my name and I watch her with curiosity as I am slightly taken aback by her mentioning my name. "Blake and I have been working closely with the FBI-"

"You have?" She nods her head as I look over at Blake and he does the same. "Why did I not know of this?"

"Because we wanted to make sure that we got everything before we actually get anyone else involved."

"Okay, so... What did you find out?"

"This," Blake scratches around in a backpack that I didn't see at first as he hands me a file. I open it as I notice the newspaper before me. "An accident that happened eight years ago."