Counting Stars

“And who do we have here?” Kurt asked, looking at a boy he’d never seen before, sitting on a bench gazing out over the football field where the school’s horrible football team was rolling around in the mud.

He stood up and Kurt looked at the small man. Like really, he was tiny. And his hair was curly as hell. He looked like a freakin’ hobbit with too small feet.

“Don’t worry, I don’t bite.” Kurt raised a pierced eyebrow at the words.

“Unless you want me to, of course.” added the male and Kurt named him Frodo in his head.

“Who exactly do you think is giving you the right to talk to me like that?”

“No one’s telling me I can’t.” said Frodo and Kurt laughed.

“Wow, tough are we?” he said with an evil grin. “This is the real world, hobbit, and if you look at the two of us, I’m clearly superior to you.”

“Size doesn’t matter.”

“Oh, is that what you tell yourself when you look down at your tiny little excuse for a c–“

A fist connected with Kurt’s face and he gasped in surprise.

Who the fuck did Frodo think he was?

“Oh you are so going to regret that.” Kurt hissed, voice low and raspy.

“Bring it on, lady.”

Kurt’s blood boiled. No one talked to him like that.

“Don’t expect me to go easy on you just because you’re a new face in the crowd here.”

“Never.”

  Minutes later and the two boys were both breathing heavily, a bruise starting to appear right above the hobbit’s right eye and there was blood coming out of his nose, which was pretty swollen. Kurt himself could taste blood so he assumed that his lip was smashed and there were blood running down his cheek. There was a sort of ringing in his head and his blood boiled worse than before.

“You’re so fucking dead.” he hissed, jaws clenching.

“Is this really necessary?” Quinn’s voice asked from just behind Kurt.

“Why shouldn’t it be?”

“Because there’s no need to fight, you’ll only get in trouble.”

Kurt looked at the girl, holding back a frown. 

“When did you become such a fucking pussy, Quinny?”

The pink haired girl then took a quick step forward and her knot fist hit Kurt right in his stomach. Not being prepared to get hit again, especially not by Quinn, he almost let out a whimper, but was able to stop himself in the last second.

But he sort of fell to the ground, at least his legs caved underneath him and he found himself on one knee, not able to get back up.

“What the actual fuck was that?” he hissed at her and she just smiled sweetly at him.

“Don’t call me a pussy, Kurt, or you’ll live to regret it, ‘kay?”

“…fine.” Kurt grumbled, not really able to breath.

Then, of course, the hobbit had to be there and he had to start laughing at him and that made Kurt so fucking furious he could barely keep himself from getting up and separating his curl covered head from his tiny body.

“You shut up now or you won’t get out of this alive.”

And of course his body felt like it had to cough right after he’d spoken that sentence. Life was so wonderful.