Counting Stars

Just chill the fuck out. Give him a chance. He may be nice, you haven’t really paid any attention to him. Not when you’re not being a bitch to him. So give him a chance.

But he’s annoying and short and Blaine and–

Was Quinn really right? Have you really lost your damn balls? Like what is your problem?

Well if I have a problem it means you do too, so.

There were way too many different voices and opinions in Kurt’s head. It almost made him dizzy. The worst part was that he really didn’t know which voice he thought was right. All of them sort of had a point.

And he knew that he was overthinking it all. He had to stop it, or it’d get in the way of him at least trying to have a good time. And who knows, maybe the hobbit wouldn’t even show up at all. Maybe he just said yes and then wouldn’t come to upset him or something?

  “Just as I thought. You’re already here.” Or maybe he said yes because he actually planned on coming.

“Well you know, wanted to have a chance in having a good time before you showed up to ruin the night.” Kurt smiled, turning on the barstool to face his company for the night.

“Mm, smart.” the hobbit nodded. “You haven’t bought anything to drink?”

“No. It’s school night and I drove here.”

Blaine chuckled. “Responsible are we?”

“Well sometimes you have to be.”

“And you’ve gone to school hungover so many times you’ve started to realize it really sucks?”

“…Yeah. That too.”

 “So can I buy you a beer?” Kurt raised an eyebrow. “Oh come on, you asked me to come so at least let me buy you a drink.”

“I just said I don’t drink on school nights. And don’t act like this is a date. ‘Cause it sure as hell isn’t.”

“One beer. Come on.” Blaine gave him his best puppy eyes and Kurt snorted, but agreed on the offer. One of the heavier-weighting reasons to why he didn’t usually get shitfaced on weekdays was ‘cause he didn’t have any money. It obviously happened that he got some guy to buy him something every now and then, but he usually skipped it. Because hangovers and school really was a match made in hell.

“Why’d you ask me to come here tonight anyways?” Blaine asked once they’d got their beers.

“I don’t know? Does it have to be a reason for everything?”

“No I guess not, I just –you’ve made it pretty clear you hate me. And I sorta don’t like you either. So I just wondered if there was any specific reason.”

“You don’t like me?” Kurt looked at him with sad eyes. “That really hurts my feelings. I thought everyone liked me.”

“If you’re trying to make people like you, you’re doing things extremely wrong.” the smaller boy said, raising his glass in the gesture of making a toast, nodding his head towards Kurt.

 Their conversation died out, and the two were left in an almost awkward silence. Though it was really hard since they were at Scandlas. Awkward silences didn’t really exist in places like that.

“Let’s play a game.” Blaine suggested after a he’d finished his drink.

“Say what?” Kurt muttered back to him.

“A game. You know; for fun.”

“Uh-hu?”

“Let’s say... we both find someone then see who manages to score first?”