One and only(Chapter 3,Rachel)

(Rachel's P.O.V.)

pic is of Jake(he's mine!!!;)

Flashback:

"Worst advice ever, Rachel you put on a fake smile right now and," Cassie paused, not wanting to say this outloud and whispered in my ear: "just kiss him already."

I blushed and then I took a deep breath and just did it. I tangled my hands in his perfect hair and placed my lips onto his quickly, running my hands over his chest. I just try to memorize and savor this moment, tracing his lips and taking full control because he was too shocked to kiss me back. Then, I just pulled away, turned and walked away quickly to Cassie's house. "What am I doing, I need to just tell him I love him." I whispered to myself, turning back around and walking back across the street. I was halfway across Jake's front yard, when I heard his voice.

"I'll miss you more but it's only for a few years, I should be back by senior year....I love you so much Cassie." I could hear the honesty and in his voice and it broke my heart. He loved Cassie...not me.

"I love you too, you're my best friend Jakey.." I couldn't listen anymore. She loves you more than you think. Life isn't fair. I ran back across the street to Cassie's house and went straight to her room. I curled up on her bed and cried and then I just…stopped. That’s when I promised myself that if he ever came back, I would help him get Cassie and tell her the truth…tell her I lied…because she loves him more than I do.

~*~

Breathe Rachel, breathe. I look up at the clock. 2 minutes left. I take a risky look next to me and my breathe catches in my throat when he looks up into my eyes. I couldn't look was from his beautiful hazel eyes. I knew I was staring, but I couldn't look away. I used all of my will power and turned back to the front with a small smile. Aaron Heights...mmm, yummy!

"Okay class, since we have like less than two minutes left, I will tell you about our class partner assignment. It is worth half of your grade, and all that normal crap you hear. Basically, look next to you. That's your partner, and just do something sciene-like that doesn't make me question what grade you should be in. No volcanos or moldy bread," my teacher, Mr. Swanson said in her usual bored tone. I laughed to myself. He's so funn- Wait...what?!

"So Rachel," Aaron began in his deep, hoarse voice. Good thing I'm sitting. "do you want to work on the project tonight? I know it's Friday and everything, but we should get an early start you know?" He asked, giving a nervous laugh.

"Are you sure you aren't just asking me out because I wouldn't say no," I said, suddenly feeling very confident. Cassie's definitely rubbing off on me. He smiled and took a deep breath.

"Really? Well in that case, yes I am. We could just watch a few bad movies and get a pizza or something." He said, smiling.

"Sounds great, can't wait!" I said, excited. YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

~*~

"I'm so happy for you Rachel, but we were supposed to watch movies tonight!" My best friend, Cassie whined, pouting.

"I'll watch them with you," said a male voice. I looked at Cassie and...was she blushing??!!! I looked up...Jake? I jumped up.

"Jakey cake!"