2. Nightskies

We were walking up a hill, Blue and I, humming two different songs. With the low sound of tear in my heart beside me, it was hard to focus on humming girls. But I wouldn't stop neither her or myself. She looked way too cute when she was humming, and I knew that if I stopped, she would stop herself too.

We continued humming all the way to top of the hill. A lamp was standing straight up like the one from Narnia: somewhere you'd never think a lamp could be.

The only problem was the fact that it wasn't lit. It had lost it's potential when someone or something had ruined the old thing.

Blue seemed to notice it too, because she let her turquoise painted fingertips brush over the cold metal. She looked up at the place the light should have been, and for a moment she could as well have been Lucy the first time she came through the closet.

"It's beautiful," she whispered, walking around the pole, as slow as possible.

"It's a lamp!"

"Lamps can be beautiful too." She smiled, looking at me again. You could still hear her accent, even though she had been living in America for thirteen years. The few years in Denmark had its impact on her language, making it sound like she always had an apple in her throat. I reached my hand out to touch the pole. Shivers ran through my body as my fingers hit the cold metal.

With my free hand, I reached out for Blue's, intertwining our fingers. Her short omes fit perfectly between mine, like our cells had been made in matching puzzle pieces.

With a last glance at the dead lamp we moved on, and kept walking. A few trees was placed in a perfect oval, and I found myself thinking about aliens or paranormal activity. The tree oval couldn't be natural.

Out of a sudden, Blue stopped. She looked up at me with her beautiful hazel eyes and the cheeks I knew were red, even though it was dark and we couldn't really see anything. "Ready to climb?"

With a smile, I nodded. The look in her eyes changed, and I knew that look way too well. She was thinking about something. And when Blue was thinking, you couldn't be sure if it was a good or a great thing.

Her smile grew bigger. Less than a moment after, she let go of her hand, sprinting towards the trees.

I didn't hesitate before I started running as well, trying to get to the trees first.

"Come on, Skywalker!" She yelled, turning her head slightly. Her hair flew behind her as the cave she didn't need. Not all heroes wear capes, as they say. But to me, Blue was a hero. And she didn't have a cape: she had her black hair behind her when she ran.

The trees came closer and closer. Blue was still in front, and I didn't seem to be going fast enough. Somehow, my legs didn't work as good as usual, and she kept getting longer and longer away from me.

"Eva!" I yelled, knowing she would be pissed when she heard her name. I smirked when she stopped. Just the thought of the look on her face was enough for me to let out a laugh. But I hold it in, not wanting to slap me right in face. Yet.

I tried to run past her, but she reached out for my arm. And to my surprise, she was fast enough to catch me,

"Don't," she said when I stopped, looking more serious than ever. But after what I had learned about Blue, it was just an act. She didn't hate her name that much. "Ever call me that again."

"I'm sorry," I laughed pulling her in for a hug. At first, she didn't do anything. Probably because she was beyond pissed. But soon, her small arms wrapped around my body, sharing the warmth. I smirked again, wanting to piss her even more off. She looked so cute when she squinted her eyes and made her voice higher. "Actually, no. I'm not even sorry."