Chapter Three

*Harry's POV*

As I'm emptying the contents of my pockets I can't help but remember how embarrassed Paige looked when she checked her phone. I didn't want to say anything and make her feel bad, so I pretended like I hadn't noticed anything.

Finally, my hand take ou tthe last piece of junk from my pocket. I look at Paige, waiting for her to tell me what to do next.

"Go ahead, choose something and see if you remember anything." She urges me.

Nodding, I rendomly pick up an item. It's a lighter. Why I have a lighter in my pocket, I don't know. I'm not the smoker in the band, Zayn is.

"Well?" Paige asks not only impatiently, but irritated as well.

"Well what?" I snap back.

"Remember anything yet?" She raises an eyebrow, crosses her arms against her chest.

"No, not yet." I mumble.

Screw niceness! Why am I not saying anything about how much more missed I am than she is?

Ignoring my obnoxious thoughts, I set the lighter down and pick up a new item. A garter. My eyes practically bulge out of my head. This just adds to the evidence saying the two of us could actually be married. Images start to blur aroung in my mind. Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes and let the somehow familiar shapes and colours take over.

***

She's walking down the aisle, giggling. One hand is cupped over her mouth in attempt to suppress the giggles, the other is holding a bouquet of mixed flowers. The dress she's wearing has a too-tight corset that is squezzing her breasts so tightly it looks as though they might burst out of it any minute and the bottom of the dress is so poofy it looks like a hoop skirt. Her hair falls down onto her shoulders in curly waves of gold. All the same, she looks beautiful.

Not too much later, she's stepping up, and we both turn sideways, facing each other. Paige gently tosses the bouquet a little behind her. We take each other's hands.

"Alright now folks," the guy marrying us, who is dressed up as Elvis and talks with an accent, says.

I tune the fake-Elvis out, concentrating on nnot falling on my arse from how drunk I am. My hands clutch Paige, slightly using ehr to keep my balance.

"Harry Edward Styles, do you take Paige..." Due to yawning, I don't hear the rest of what  he says. However, I do know what I'm supposed to say next.

"I do." The two words come out sounding gruff and scratchy, like I haven't talked in years.

Fake-Elvis repeats the line to Paige. She mimics my response. Next thing I know, I'm making out with my bride. A crowd that I hadn't noticed before starts clapping, although in an uninterested manner. Paige and I pay no mind to them, continuing to make-out. When he realizes that we aren't planning on stopping anytime soon, Fake-Elvis pulls us apart.

"Now why don't you two go ahead and follow these two gentlemen out? Get right on with your honeymoon now." Fake-Elvis suggests. He gestures to the two gruff looking men, both wearing black shirts, ear-pieces, and scowls.

"Okay, Elvis." Paige says, going into a giggle fit. She starts toward them.

"here, let me carry you," I say.

"Okay." Paige quickly agrees.

I catch up to her, then bend down and wrap an arm under her leg, my other arm on her back. I manage to lift her up, although everything about it is awkward. My drunken body realizes that I can't handle this right now. I almost drop Paige, but I don't. One of the men in a black shirt raises an eyebrow at us. Even with my wasted min I can tell what he's thinking. Wanting to prove him wrong, I take a step forward. And that's when we collapse.

We land in a tangled heap with Paige on top of me. Her wedding dress is splayed all around us, almost consuming us. Thankfully though, Paige still has her pants on underneath the dress, so she isn't flashing anyone. 

The two of us laugh insanle, and it takes several attempts before we both can stand up again. The two guys decide that it would take way too long to get Paige and I out of there if we did it ourselves, so tehy end up dragging us out. Paige half-heartedly sturggles against them until she can't anymore due to her laughter.

They manage to get us out the front door of the builiding and halfway to a waiting taxi. Cameras are flashing all around us. Faces are swirling all around me, and unkown voices yell out questions.

"Lea- me awone!" I shout out, wrapping my arms aroung Paige. When the people don't go away, I begin crawling to the cab. I almost make it, when someone steps in my way.

"Move," I slur out angrily.

"Harry, does this scene confirm that you are now married?" The guy blocking my way questions.

"Yes." I respond absent-mindedly.

"How long have you two known each other?" The guy persists.

"Leave me alone," I grumble.

"Just a few more questions Harry. Do you think that you love your new bride more than Tanya?"

That sets me off. My teeth are suddenly connected to the skin around his ankle. He yelps in pain, and I release him. Right away he moves out of my way.

"You'll regret that Harry Styles!" He bellows. 

I ignore him. The entire readon I came to Vegas was to get away from her. Away from any reminders or memories of what we were. Of what we had. 

A single tear escapes my eye before I furiously wipe it away. Continuing me trek to the cab, I finally make it. Someone opens the door for me, and I climb in. Paige follows suit. The door is closed behind her, and the vehicle starts moving.

My mind is taken over by images, memories, of her. Not waiting a second longer, I pressure my lips to Paige's. Things excalate from there quickly. Next thing I know, we're in an elevator and I;'m yanking off her dress. Although she still has her other clothes on, my hands begin exploring her bosy. At this point, I'll do anything to distract myself.

The elevator door opens with a ding, and we stumble out, our lips still connected. I push her against a nearby wall, kiss her intently. My hands find something as they roam her, a garter. Normally, I would find it weird for her to have a garter on over her jeans. But right now, between my drunkeness and wanting to distract myself so badly, I don't give it a seconf thought. Quickly, I go down, removing it with my teeth. Yet again, Paige bursts into a fit of giggles.

The garter goes into my pocket, and we go into the hotel room.

***

Snapping my eyes open, I continuously blink. That could not have happened. It seems like something out of a bad comedy film rahter than a reality.

"Harry?" Paige asks.

I can't even stand to look at her, not after that.

"That's enough for today," I respond, then walk out the door.