Prologue

It had been five hundred years since Galath had made the Deathless. For five hundred years, a select few had been immortal, invincible. Power slowly consumed all of them. Over the years, the Deathless became tyrants searching, for power and wealth. The people feared these so-called gods. The world devolved from its technological height of invention and improvement. Factories shut down, the stock markets simply disappeared, oil drills stopped drilling, businesses closed, governments - what was left of them - crumbled. The world descended into chaos.

The Deathless saw themselves as a new beginning, a rebirth. They did not care about the welfare of their people; they only cared about their own power and wealth. They divided the planet into territories and each took rule of one. The people made new religions based on their so-called gods, forming cults and factions to follow their new leaders.

But with hunger and thirst for power comes jealousy and hatred. The Deathless started to fight amongst themselves. It began with disagreements then arguments, then scuffles, then their factions began to fight. Their petty squabbles turned into wars. They formed alliances and created enemies among the other deathless.

But the insightful Galath had anticipated this. He created a weapon to stay the blades of the Deathless. He created a weapon to slay the immortals. Out of the fires of greed and jealousy, the majestic blade was born. The blade kindled hope among the humans and fear among the Deathless. Galath had created the Deathless and now he had created a way to vanquish them. With this weapon, he kept order. They stopped fighting but still held their friends and enemies. This weapon had infinite power, and so he christened it: The Infinity Blade.