Intro

The time I almost died!!!!!!!                                                                                  

  Yes I know that's a little over dramatic but it's true...............................................                                                                  Past: The big surfing board championship was happening in my hometown; kill devil hill, NC. The sites was all set up, it was suppose to be the place with the highest waves ever seen with sharp rocks underneath! I was so happy about it; even my best friend, brother and his best friend's were helping me out! Everything was going well; time went by fast and before I knew it I was waiting for my heat to take off. The whistle blew and I was off; all six of us girls were ready for what the wave gods were going to through in our faces. Of course I don't believe in that kind of stuff ! Anyway time went by fast and we were all racking up some pretty nice points, but sadly I was in third place! I needed to be first if I was ever going to get recognized as being the youngest surfer with the best scores here. Than I saw it the wave that was going to get me into first place, this was my only shot! Pressure was surly on now! I started  pedaling, then hoped on my board as the white waves took me. I felt like I was soaring above all the girls competing with me; I felt free! I did some nice tricks on that wave but as my luck was getting better another wave from behind startled me and took me with it. Down, Down I went into the cold rocky water below. I tried to get up gasping for air but none was coming, wave after wave kept on crashing on me! My board was cracked and I couldn't get any air; You know that's when your mind starts to play games on you. I started to think what would happen if I died right here but then before I could go any deeper into my brain I felt these strong hands pulling me above the waves. I looked up at him he was cute but I didn't recognize him before; he kept on telling me everything was going to be alright! 

                                 And I believed him! I got all the way to the beach without passing out. Once I knew I was safe on the beach with people I knew I could finally let go! And only wait to what was going to happen