Chapter 3

"Did you accept Pipers offer?" My dad asked, pacing back and forth in our new living room. "Yes?" I replied back, I wasn't sure what the right answer was at this point. My dad sighed in relief, "What is going on? Why is Leo and Thane or anything to do with them so important?" I sat there with my hands on my lap tapping my foot, I was nervous but more interested in this sudden shift in my father. "Its best you wait until after your birthday before I explain." My dad said rubbing his temples and walking out of the living room to go to bed. 

Well that was a great thirty second chat, where I still got absolutely no f*cking idea what's going on. I groaned leaning back into the couch, it was like everything I've ever known about my father is just being pulled out from underneath me. What is so important about Leo? About Thane... I don't want to be involved with werewolves and their ways of life. I liked Leo but I don't know him anymore and he already has mates. Thane possibly doesn't like me already and I didn't want to get involved. I got up and headed upstairs to my room, I'm glad it was away from my dads and just enough space to have some sort of breather before I went to sleep.

The next morning I slept in, I wasn't wanting to get up, I didn't need to get up. There was a knock  on my bedroom door. "What?" I grumbled from under the bedsheets, my father walked in opening up my curtains. I sat up rubbing my eyes. "I want to give you this." He handed me a small leather box before walking towards my bedroom door. "It was your mother's." He said before walking down the stairs. I stared at the box for a while, afraid or almost unsure wether or not to open it and to find nothing was in there and for it to only be a dark joke from my father.  I slowly opened the box to see a crescent moon with a torch pendant attached to a silver chain necklace.  As soon as I went to touch it, the moon and torch lit up my room, sending a massive wave of light outside the house. I was captured by it and couldn't take my eyes off what I was seeing.

-Nadias day dream -

A cloud of  mist covered my sight and I was no longer in bed, I was standing in the middle of a huge garden with white glowing roses, with sparks of blue glistening out of the middle of the roses. A huge white temple stood behind me with bright white flames to light up the garden, a statue of a Goddess was placed at the back of the temple, I walked forwards feeling drawn to the Goddess. Entering the temple I felt waves of air swirl around me. Just before I reached her I looked up to see an opening in the temple and I caught eyes with the moon. It shone so brightly I thought it would have blinded me but it did not. I felt calm, safe and drawn further into its presence. 

I was lifted up past the statue, past the temple, high into the night sky. A strike of white moonlight hit my chest and the blue sparks from the roses flew into me causing my skin to feel warm. I was not scared, I didn't feel scared, I felt alive, I felt complete, as if this whole time I have been waiting for this moment. I could feel that I was floating back down towards the ground feeling an abundance of peace. Closing my eyes as I drifted back towards the ground I opened my eyes feeling the cold stone beneath my feet  to see I was back in font of the statue. She looked familiar like I was staring at someone I knew so well. 

It was me, a statue of me...

-End of Nadias day dream-

"I didn't think it would happen so soon, she hasn't even turned twenty-two yet!" I heard my father panicking, pacing back and forwards in my room. I opened my eyes to see him staring at me. "She's awake i'll talk to you later." He said hanging up the phone. I gently sat up, a bit confused, did I have a dream? I couldn't see the necklace anywhere maybe it was all a dream. "How are you feeling?" My dad came over to the side of the bed looking intensely at me, he placed his hand on mine and as soon as he did I saw unspeakable things.

War, my mothers death, the pain he felt from it, how he was battling himself with turning into a hybrid, going into a bloody thirsty frenzy. How he cried a lot and how he felt guilty. He moved his hand off mine instantly. Tears built up into his eyes and he broke down in front of me, like I had forgotten all of my own trauma he had caused me I comforted him. "Oh Nadia I am so sorry." I gently rubbed the back of my father as he embraced me in a hug. I hadn't been hugged in years.